Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Ze is still doing videos, and you can find a fair number of the old ones still on YouTube.

5 Likes
25 Likes

Gee, what’re the odds? /s

15 Likes

Reminder to Me: Dragonslayer (1981) will be released in 4K this March. How long I’ve waited.

:notes:
Four kaaayyy!
neeeee-ne-neeeee-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne
Four kaaayyy!
neeeee-ne-neeeee-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne

5 Likes
7 Likes

Happy about this, but also remembering how it had an atmosphere that was decidedly smoky…so, 4k smoke, except maybe the traveling scenes.

5 Likes
12 Likes

Study proves that even very young children are cooperative, even to dogs they don’t know:

What happens over time to make them less altruistic as adults? You’ve got to be carefully taught.

16 Likes

I am impressed with Yale’s choice. Reverend Barber’s work is so needed and his message on Yale’s platform will increase–I hope–his effectiveness.

I can only imagine what all the freaked out anti-ANTIFAs and white supremacists are going to say.

12 Likes

Oh we know what they’ll say. The question is if Yale will bend to their BS claims of “reverse racism” or WTF ever…

12 Likes

Was wondering same.

Still, a brave choice considering Yale’s earlier history, which doubtless you especially already know of, but for the sake of completeness I include here:

https://yaleandslavery.yale.edu/

11 Likes

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

Let’s hope they stand up to attempts to bully him out.

12 Likes

From all over Australia to war-torn Ukraine, snow-covered Maine, and the Mongolian Steppes: Passionate women from around the globe have set a new world for “the most photos of women beekeeping uploaded in 24 hours.”

The brainchild of Tasmanian-based female collaboration, Sister Hives Australia, the group hoped to make a small difference in promoting diversity in beekeeping.

But they were “blown away” by the global response when 1,300 participants answered the call — to make women feel more connected, confident, and proud of their beekeeping journey.

Anita Long and Jenni McLeod founded Sister Hives Australia in 2021 to promote women beekeepers world wide.(Supplied: Sister Hives Australia)

18 Likes
14 Likes

I know that building! My brother and his girlfriend used to live just across the street on Wolcott. It’s good to see that Reckless Records, Jackson Junge Gallery, and Myopic Books (up near Damen Ave) are still alive and kicking!

11 Likes

Chris Connelly manages that shop!

8 Likes
15 Likes

The bigger picture good news is that if parliament keeps voting to extend this emergency Covid-related bill, we might just have got national-level rent control.

16 Likes

[Lead attorney Michelle Banker] said Missouri’s lawsuit is unique because while plaintiffs in other states claimed harm, “we are saying that the whole law violates separation of church and state and we’re seeking to get everything struck down.”

21 Likes

They are 100% correct and very brave to take this on.

21 Likes