Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

18 Likes
7 Likes

A messenger we need. Glad to hear him using his position and his voice for positivity and unity.

Word.

And six months sober! Good on him!

4 Likes

Speaking of parks…

11 Likes

neil-gaiman-shrieks-with-glee-o|nullxnull

12 Likes
9 Likes

No more Djarums, either, presumably. (If they’re still around – don’t remember having one since 1988 or so)

1 Like
13 Likes

In an Unconventional Milan Fashion Week, Versace Finally Brings Full-Figured Models to Its Runway

(Wasn’t sure where to post this, but since there isn’t a Better Late Than Never or a Well, It’s A Start, Anyway thread…)

5 Likes

File Under: For What It’s Worth

5 Likes

Wasn’t sure whether to put this in Odd stuff or good stuff. But it’s good news: Subway bread failed the definition of bread in the Irish Supreme Court.

My workplace had a Subway in it for a while and the stench… it smelled of sweet children’s vomit, singed plastic, and weirdly and very strongly, of vacuum cleaner bag dust. This doesn’t mean they can’t call it bread, just that they can’t avail of a tax break for staple food and instead get taxed as cake. Take the sugar out of it.

ETA this article has a link on a flour whitening agent they used to use which is also used in yoga mats and carpet underlays. That might explain the burnt plastic and vacuum cleaner bag stench from Subway

13 Likes

in a span of four years, Magawa - which means courage - has located an impressive 39 active landmines and 28 unexploded munitions. He has helped clear more than 1.5 million square feet of land, the size of 20 football fields, saving tens of thousands from maiming and death in the process.

13 Likes

https://6abc.com/amp/south-philadelphia-superhero-make-a-wish-real-life-ja-bree-parks/6654311/

When Ja-Bree found out he was receiving a wish from Make-A-Wish, he knew what he wanted: to dress up as a superhero for the day and hit the streets of Philadelphia, helping and feeding the city’s homeless.

“He could have taken his family on vacation, he could have met his favorite recording artist or athlete, they could have had a swimming pool in the backyard, whatever it might have been,” said Dennis Heron, the President & CEO of Make-A-Wish Philadelphia, Delaware and Susquehanna Valley. “Instead, he flipped the switch and Ja-Bree is providing us with the hope.”

12 Likes

I wish it one-boxed the first photo, omit was cute.

3 Likes

Here ya go!

14 Likes
15 Likes

Ah, the tshirts are right, then!

What a badass kid!

6 Likes
9 Likes

Not sure if this is the place for this or not. Anis is a friend from high school. Great guy. Anyway this was one of his earliest poems and it just popped into my head last night and it helped. I wish there was a video of him performing it in a tiny cramped coffee house open mic night where we had no idea what was to come, but hopefully this helps someone shake the dust.

4 Likes
9 Likes