Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

Jesus wept.

10 Likes
15 Likes

So did I.

I hate this disease. My aunt, like thousands of people, died alone. These efforts to mitigate the pain and panic of being alone, lying in a hospital bed are very good and welcome. If I was there, I would like to have someone holding my hand too.

18 Likes

Matt Gaetz is well and truly fucked.

10 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes

I’m so sorry.

10 Likes

Thank you. Muito obrigado.

9 Likes

Great views for those who can survive the ice :cold_face: and the fog :fearful:.

6 Likes

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2021/5/15/pro-palestine-italian-port-workers-refuse-arms-shipment-to-israel

8 Likes
19 Likes

OMG he got the decking and the carport.
A soupçon of brilliance.

Well. Done. Him.

I believe most of my neighbors would be apoplectic if we did this to our place, not the least of which includes we are in a semi-detached (aka “duplex”) home. OTOH, our other-side neighbors painted their front door turquoise blue and our HOA has yet to find out about it… in any official way. And I ain’t gonna rat them out.

Vive la différence!

8 Likes
6 Likes

Hm. We’ll see.

7 Likes

And Pikachu got elected!

11 Likes

Feeding people.
It’s got so many upsides.

11 Likes

Free offices with a view: 4 lighthouses, courtesy of feds

I feel a bit like Solomon is wagging his finger at us, but I really wish lighthouses were kept up and, if not running, at least 12 hours from ready. With a bit of luck, the occupants will maintain them in working order, since we are only one decent geomagnetic storm away from needing them rather acutely. A repeat of the 1859 Carrington Event might just be enough put many of us back into a quaintly pre-technological era. After all, the U.S. navy is teaching old-school celestial navigation again, maybe mariners should keep a sunstone handy as well. :thinking:

8 Likes

Full steam ahead!

Good. Facial recognition systems have led to false arrests.

Amazon will block police indefinitely from using its facial-recognition software

11 Likes

The price of Bitcoin has fallen from around 55k USD to about 32k USD over the last week. So, yay for that!

2 Likes

Makes it cheaper for people paying ransoms I guess?

7 Likes