Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

tenor

12 Likes

At 16:15 Noam Chomsky touches on younger Evangelicals nowadays. (I recommend the entire interview for his assessments of ‘how we got here’ and chances for change in the general political climate.)

6 Likes

When there’s reason to guffaw… then I do. I guffawed.

Domonique Veasley, one of the two women who were being harassed by the clueless, hueless and now-swimming pool-less

On other matters…

4 Likes

P.S. Happy National Doughnut Day!

chasingdoughnut

10 Likes

Synthetic Messenger is a botnet that artificially inflates the value of climate news. Everyday it searches the internet for news articles covering climate change. Then 100 bots visit each article and click on every ad they can find.

11 Likes
15 Likes

Effectively, non-Indians have been able to commit crimes in Indian country with impunity.

As one who’s lived, worked, and played in Indian Country, I applaud this decision.

13 Likes

Such a good rattie!

12 Likes
14 Likes

Excited Winona Ryder GIF by reactionseditor

11 Likes

“…the U.K. charity PDSA gave Magawa its gold medal for his lifesaving work.”

A rat is better than Trump. An absurd insult has verifiably become a hard fact that cannot be denied.

12 Likes

Not to belittle Magawa’s achievements in any way, but that’s a low, low bar to clear.

13 Likes

Haha

6 Likes
6 Likes

Ohmygosh. Between this and @milliefink’s post about Pine Island, this is turning into a great day!

From the land mine article:

rats are fast. They can screen an area of 200 square meters in half an hour – something which would take a manual deminer four days,

We really trust our rats, because very often after clearing a minefield, our teams will play a game of soccer on the cleared field to assure the quality of our work

once their skills wane, they go to a rat retirement home where they get food and play for the rest of their days.

Good people solving real problems in humane and creative ways :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

The buildings are too poorly built…even if they go into receivership and get snapped up by some other developer, they’re not a long term investment, no matter how discounted the price.

8 Likes

Hang on, I just read the article.

Prices fell even more for units in the 96-story Chicago building that are set aside for hotel guests, a category hit hard by pandemic travel restrictions. But Lissner leaves them out of her analysis because there are no similar hotel units in nearby buildings to compare them against.

You see the black building RIGHT NEXT DOOR in the photo? That’s the Langham. Across the ‘street’ (the buildings are on the Chicago River) are several more high-end hotels.

16 Likes

Just the use of the term “compare against” makes me think Lissner is stoopid. When did we stop comparing things “to” other things? :woman_shrugging:t2:
Pedantic rant over.

9 Likes

There were a few fireflies blink-blinking in the backyard last night. (Northern Greater Toronto.)

7 Likes

That’s some incredible Goron-wearing-a-fur-coat cosplay :slight_smile:

3 Likes