Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

I say it in front of people.
In Texas. Whenever I have the opportunity.

I do believe (because I see this around me) that there are more and more people–especially the younger generations–who believe in solidarity, equity and historical facts living among us than we realize. I thank the public school systems in our country for helping to create this reality. It’s one reason why the GOP (esp in Texas but certainly nationwide) seek to disrupt, defund, destroy K-12 public education.

Many allies are silent, yes.
I sure hope they are doing the work of justice in their own quiet way.

I don’t know how much time I have left before I die, but I am done handling white-adult-fragility with bubblewrap and velvet tongs. As a mixed race person, I know it’s now my time to spend down what I have left in my good karma account.

It’s one thing to not know one’s birthplace’s nation’s history. That’s ignorance.
It’s one thing to not cultivate critical thinking skills, to refuse to get educated.

It’s entirely another if a grownup chooses shitfuckery, having bought into lies, hate, and violence. I can’t “go along get along” and I will never normalize their behavior. Plus, bullies so rarely experience someone standing up to them.

The Buffalo shooter needed to hear those words, and every sympathizer there and everywhere needed to hear those words.

Let’s normalize that.

ETA:
a strikethrough correction because not all Americans were born here, including both of my parents

27 Likes