Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

episode 1 soldier GIF by Shameless

10 Likes

That’s really interesting, because back in the 80’s when i was involved in the Lutheran church, the Missouri Synod was very well known as the most conservative of the 3 branches of the
Lutherans in America. Would not have expected this from them. ELCA? Sure. Hey, there is hope.

12 Likes

Part of my job involves going around to grocery stores and merchandising their book sections. For years and years there has been an ongoing irritation of people, especially outside of the metro area, though there too, either flipping around or facing over any book with Barack or Michelle Obama on the cover. It’s annoying, it makes my job slightly tougher, and I hate them.

I am however okay with the people that are doing this, which I have run into about five times so far, both in the metro and outlying areas!

Hey Ron, nobody likes you! I salute those who are covering up his book and I’m not irritated at all!

18 Likes
20 Likes

15 Likes

Damn. Can’t even use the dozens meme.

13 Likes

22 Likes

Democrats learning to play the Republican game.

“Don’t say hi to me in the hall, don’t ask me how my weekend was, don’t walk by my desk and ask me anything. Don’t send me Christmas cards ― take me off the list,” Hunt warned. “No one in the world holds a grudge like me, and no one in the world cares less about being petty than me. I don’t care. I don’t like you.”

23 Likes

Well, one Dem at least.

It’s a start!

17 Likes

Where’s the stochastic terrorism? Electoral cheating? Packing the courts and regulatory apparatus with unqualified partisans?

Seems like she’s still not playing their game. Blocking unjust and unconstitutional bills from becoming law is what her constituents elected her to do.

19 Likes

They haven’t figured out how use those tactics for good, not evil.

10 Likes

At least they’ve learned to (somewhat) counter gerrymandering with gerrymandering.

12 Likes

A sheroe and a badass.

11 Likes

I just sent her a donation and thanked her!

18 Likes

As a lifelong smartass…

Khloe Kardashian GIF by HULU

9 Likes

A report on successful efforts to return stolen antiquities (more background on the problem is here):

14 Likes
18 Likes
24 Likes

Campaigning is in full swing in Finland’s parliamentary election, and this time round there are some extremist groupings trying to get elected.

Helsingin Sanomat reports on Tuesday that one of them, the far-right blue and black movement, has been banned from Kesko outlets across the country. The paper asked Kesko after it was informed of the ban by Kuppitaa Citymarket in Turku.

The retail giant says it tries to treat all parties equally when they’re out campaigning, but it has guidance on corporate responsibility, respecting diversity and advancing equality.

“On that basis we have made a decision that we cannot give permission for the blue and black movement to campaign, as their goals are at odds with the previously-mentioned guidance,” said Laura Rissanen, Kesko’s regional manager.

“The party has announced that among other goals it is aiming to achieve an ethnically homogenous Finland and the party describes itself as a “white racial identity” movement.”

The blue and black movement was formed by individuals expelled from the Finns Party, and describes itself as a “radical and ethnofuturist” organisation. Its colours are taken from the Lapua Movement of the 1930s, a fascist formation that attempted a coup d’etat in 1932.

12 Likes
21 Likes