Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

The good bit is Bernie.
He’s good. And he knows of what he speaks. The truth.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Lovin’ it!

Signed,
a clothes mender since forever

10 Likes

Some people pay big bucks for pre-shredded jeans, so now will pre-mended ones be the new thing?

1 Like

(Big news, and with climate change, lots of new areas might need that.)

6 Likes
11 Likes

Oooo nice choice!

8 Likes

Go ahead, blame :canada::slightly_smiling_face: I think this is a Good Thing…

4 Likes

“Monster Liberty”: That’s how the otherwise excellent closed-captioning service in the auditorium at Pennridge High School interpreted “Moms for Liberty,” while one of several dozen citizens who had waited in line to lambast the group spoke at the podium. A chuckle rose up among the parents in the crowded school board meeting, held on a late August evening after the first day of classes for the Pennridge School District in suburban Bucks County, Pennsylvania. “Fair enough,” one mother whispered to another.

:rofl:

10 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

Bringing your own cup is so easy!

When I used to grab a latte on the way to work (anywhere from 1-3 x week), I always brought my own cup. I did this for ~ 15 years (god, I wasted a lot of money!).

I know that during the height of Covid-19, Starbucks banned this practice (saw a sign during jury duty). I imagine that they allow it again, but I wfh since 2020 and I’ve broken that expensive habit.

9 Likes
8 Likes

2cacee071708c46032b26ecbde6b2c48

4 Likes

There’s also no real reason for it to be a concern. The vast majority of US companies have shifted from separate sick leave and vacation day pools to combined PTO day pools for most workers who qualify. So it’s none of their damn business if it’s a sick day or vacation day.

7 Likes

But people could be working haardeer if they didn’t care about mental heeaalth. :sob:

6 Likes

As a hiring manager, I keep looking for that spherical employee in a vacuum. I still haven’t found one.

8 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes

Fast And Furious Brian Oconner GIF by The Fast Saga

5 Likes