Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

5 Likes

That’s awesome
 I’d also love to see a revival of the Toxic Avenger cartoon!

Still waiting for the movie with Peter Dinklage!

6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes
13 Likes
18 Likes

It will be interesting to see how this will affect their admissions policies.

4 Likes

Fishermen, tourists and firefighters joined forces and managed to rescue a Bryde’s Whale that was stranded on rocks on a beach in Arraial do Cabo, north of Rio de Janeiro.

13 Likes

How or why do you think it will do that?

5 Likes

Will they make an explicit effort to enroll more students with low incomes? Will they recruit in poorer communities, where fewer applicants are likely? Will they look at more international applicants?

3 Likes

Fingers crossed. Please let us know what you find out while keeping an eye on that.

9 Likes

Honestly, I will be far more interested in how it affects the choices after graduation. A large part of the primary care shortage is due to the huge debt these kids are carrying after med school, so the lower paying fields, like my own, are a really hard sell. The ripples will be interesting. No financial barrier to get in, no financial barrier to consider in choosing residency. Yeah, could be very interesting.

23 Likes

I really hope this gets covered on the front page so we can vote for it as a Good Thing for February!

This year’s winner of the Dance Your PhD competition:

13 Likes
12 Likes
2 Likes

Took way too long, but it is a step forward. Finally.

15 Likes
10 Likes

This is not only fascinating, but beautiful. Never heard of Dance your PhD, but will binge it now!

11 Likes

14 Likes

:astonished: :clap:t4:

13 Likes