Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

Burt Ward, Robin from TV’s ‘Batman,’ receives presidential honor for rescuing over 15,500 pets

21 Likes

adam west running GIF

15 Likes

https://archive.ph/NFFmL

9 Likes
13 Likes

Nice that he did something good too.

Dogg Zzone 9000 - Episode 153, Burt Ward’s Erotic Memoirs With Michael Swaim
Seanbaby lures lascivious lads Brockway and Michael Swaim to his lusty lair of libidinous libations to read from the erotic memoirs of Burt Ward, TV’s Robin. JIZZ. POW. HOLY FUCK this I’m not writing like that anymore.

5 Likes

While I commend their efforts, this quote sounds a little… sketchy?:

“The key is there is no genetically-modified organisms in our food,” Ward said. “More than 90% of the human and animal food supply in our country has been genetically modified. … When they genetically modify the DNA of the plant, you can spray pesticides and it doesn’t kill the plant, but the problem is that it absorbs the pesticides. When your dog or cat eats (those) pesticides, they come down with cancer, the No. 1 killer of dogs and cats in America.”

O̶K̶,̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶t̶c̶h̶y̶,̶ ̶Q̶A̶n̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶d̶j̶a̶c̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶s̶h̶i̶t̶t̶e̶r̶y̶.̶ ̶

That was an inductive leap too far - but still, alleging links to cancer does seem to require evidence. Surprised that much of the food chain contains GMOs.

1 Like

I don’t see why that’s a link to QAnon necessarily. How are you making that leap?

GMO foods are resistant to herbicides for sure. I’m not sure about pesticides.

Why Do Farmers in the U.S. Grow GMO Crops? | FDA.

7 Likes

Roundup resistant crops are a thing, although glycophosphate doesn’t seem to be a cancer risk and its also a herbicide. Seems mostly like garden variety Cali crunchy woo, not Q level batshittery.

6 Likes

Fair points - it was late when I posted that and it just struck me as somewhat tin foil hatted - the “90%” line seemed overblown. It surprised me to learn on further search this morning, that it isn’t actually far off the mark:

A significant portion of the US food supply chain contains genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Here are some key points:

Of course that doesn’t mean they pose a risk, or that somehow pesticides can lead to animal cancers. Post modified.

6 Likes

Good now throw in First Aid training and Home Agriculture studies

(LA Times reprint)

5 Likes

The problem I have with requirements like that is that they displace other courses that might be more valuable. Maybe let people test out of it if they already know how?

I had that problem with PE classes - I was an all-state athlete - why am I wasting my time playing badminton when I could be taking another AP class?

11 Likes

Wait. Didn’t your sport count toward PE? In CA, if you’re on a team that’s your PE class. I never had a “regular” PE class during high school.

10 Likes

Kids who played three sports still had to take 2 yrs of gym at my public high school.

11 Likes

Yeah, most school districts in CA count the sport as PE. Sports were scheduled as the last period of day. When the season was over, you still had to dress out report for class for the remaining 2-3 weeks. I ran track and x-country, and we just played frisbee football or ran for the 50 minutes. It wasn’t an organized class with a lesson plan.

9 Likes

We would be stuck w/gym classes at any period, and they were always structured. I remember a GF’s being pissed off that she had gym for 1st period, and having to feel icky all day.

10 Likes

Yep. That was me.

8 Likes

Michelle Buteau Shrug GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Nothing like having to run outside in cold temperatures to meet some PE requirements. It felt like my lungs were on fire. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

In more encouraging news…National History Day coverage:

11 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

Please locate your hankie or box of kleenex.
Ok.
Ready?

Have a good day y’all.

11 Likes