Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 2)

What a fascinating story. Thanks for posting it!

8 Likes
14 Likes
15 Likes

Jan 2023:

Touch wood, it’s dead and gone, and Jimmy put it there!

22 Likes

And what does happen if you’re bitten by a radioactive good person?

“My Jimmy Sense is tingling! Someone needs shelter!”

16 Likes

Remember the photos of Carter in the reactor control room of Three Mile Island, the look on his face? He knew damn well what a lucky escape that was.

13 Likes

A reminder that we are all neighbors:

7 Likes
11 Likes

Circles in the Sand:

11 Likes
10 Likes

So sweet, and well done:

10 Likes
15 Likes

Michigan Supreme Court restores minimum wage and sick leave laws reversed by Republicans years ago

And this: Going against Gov. Newson’s orders…

16 Likes

Looks fun.

11 Likes

Wait, did they already pass through Chicago and Indiana and my newsfeed never told me??

9 Likes

Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter to Star in ‘Waiting for Godot’ on Broadway

They played slacker buddies in three “Bill & Ted” films, and next year they plan to reunite for Beckett’s classic tragicomedy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/01/theater/keanu-reeves-broadway-godot.html?unlocked_article_code=1._k0.sgY5.jVlfdfEVMdVl&smid=url-share&fbclid=IwY2xjawEYog9leHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHQlL-zbV7vSGzbzbCkGBsts2wkbK-oKr-Jsf53vvlTik2q3DoVWMJyNQfQ_aem_JHIFIoHtA1lkjsFabF-YIg

13 Likes

Are they the new Priant? Ianick? Sir Ian Stew? Sir Pat McKellan?

11 Likes

19 Likes

Could not figure out where to put this, but it’s an important point:

8 Likes

Who is “we?”

The media? Politicians? Sure. Actual people? I reject that. On the right, I’d argue they demonize the helpless the most. Cruelty is the point and all. On the left, I don’t know anyone saying “oh, we should only take women and children; the men can drown.” Rather, when the Farangian weasels try to portray migrants as just men, the push back is that migrants are also women, children, families - it’s fact-checking, not neglect.

I see the same thing with homeless here in the US.

8 Likes