Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

5 Likes
12 Likes

Strickland has said he does not intend to live in Missouri, which will not compensate him for his 42 years in its prisons because of its narrow compensation law. He has never seen the ocean and wants to go somewhere warm with a coastline. Maybe California or Florida, he has imagined, away from the cold. “I want to feel the power of the ocean,” Strickland has said. “Yeah, I want to do that.”

(emphasis mine)

Yeah Missouri, we see you. Yikes.
I get it, based on personal experience.

Here’s to Mr. Strickland’s coastal residence, far from that state. May his every day be a good day.

17 Likes

Sweden gets its first female Prime Minister for the second time.

1 Like

Scientists make breakthrough in breast cancer research

Ilta-Sanomat reports(siirryt toiseen palveluun) that researchers from the University of Helsinki and Aalto University have successfully developed a gel-grown “mini-breast cancer” that will help improve breast cancer treatment.

The new method makes it easier to study hormone receptors to determine the effectiveness of hormone therapies.

The discovery has significant implications as 70 percent of breast cancers are hormone receptor-positive, that is, they involve cells that contain hormone receptors or molecules that bind to a specific hormone.

Studying hormone receptors in laboratory conditions will make it easier for pharmaceutical companies to develop more effective drugs.

Breast cancer is currently the most common type of cancer among the working age population in Finland, affecting 5,000 women every year.

9 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes
14 Likes

Nice.

8 Likes

Wondering how much effect work like this will have on crypto, cryptocurrency, spies etc.

9 Likes

Firstly for an Irish team to keep scoring against a weaker team is unheard of, also because the best player had her girlfriend on the pitch with her. They are finally building something without the kind of commercial backing that Sweden, US, England have (in part because the FAI are awful). Though shout out to the men’s team which is showing the benefit of the underage teams having a far more diverse set of players to chose from - local boy Gavin Bazunu being my star on the team - albeit from a very low base.
The women’s rugby team has had a dreadful time recently and even wasn’t considered as elite athletes for Covid rules so played international matches changing in the car park before and after.

So no offence to Georgia, it was great to watch them banging them in. The women are now ranked 15 places ahead of the men.

They make me happy anyway.

9 Likes
11 Likes

It’s no Space Pants but go Peter!

6 Likes

He used to be in a band called “Whizzy”

9 Likes
22 Likes

Pizza Yes GIF

15 Likes

That’s freakin’ GREAT news.

I hope she wins…