“I always be sneaky”!!!

Kenan Thompson Awww GIF by Saturday Night Live

21 Likes

High school students schooling the adults for banning books:

18 Likes

Comic books save the day again.

10 Likes
17 Likes

I was taken to Amazon .com during an image search, and it appears Maus is trending…

Barbra Streisand Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

16 Likes

I wonder why Montana and Minnesota show such concern over Maus?

18 Likes

fingers crossed

22 Likes

Science kicks ass and takes names. We live in a world of marvels and wonders, surrounded by assholes and idiots, racing to see which one writes our fate. I hope to live long enough to see how this all turns out!

24 Likes

I am often not so sure.

3 Likes
13 Likes

Also, of course, XKCD has an applicable clip:

27 Likes
17 Likes
15 Likes

masterclass is offering a course in black history for free during black history month. they have teachers like cornel west, angela davis, jelani cobb, john mcwhorter, and sherrilyn ifill among others. i’m halfway through the first section-- the past.

given the quality of the production, the power of the teachers, and the prices masterclass generally charges this is an opportunity not to be missed.

19 Likes

Holy moly–fantastic and free.
Thanks for the heads up.

Am a big fan of Drs. Davis and West. Have been reading Dr. Cobb’s work for years, even as I try to avoid most parts of The New York Times.

Will be forwarding the good news with your links for this exceptional set of classes. I am avoiding use of the full trademarked name here, because to me it seems ironic and hurtful and insensitive to this content in particular.

ETA: Wow! Listening now… and Nicole Hannah-Jones is part of this set of classes. Sssssssqueeeee!

12 Likes

Okay, he’s one of our Republican senators, but who am I to argue against another refund check? :man_shrugging:

8 Likes
21 Likes