Good, inexpensive silicone kitchen sink strainer

Butting in…
No, no I don’t think that happened at all😀

(That’s what my friend Greg does when his pants fall down)

1 Like

Even when aboard ship, I learned that calling ‘Avast behind!’ has unintended consequences.

This is another one of those, isn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

You need to find an industrial composting facility. You can put an amazing variety of things in there.

Now who was talking about rearranging the bodies in their freezer?

2 Likes

‘Meat’. ‘Meat’ in the freezer.

2 Likes

If you are trying to hide bodies don’t use quotes. It’s an obvious giveaway.

1 Like

So ‘mystery meat’ is actually…
You know, that makes things much easier.

(I’m sorry, I’ll stop now)

I’ve never had any problem with the plumbing getting clogged. The food bits get ground up pretty well by mashing them against the uhhh… watchamacallit… erm…

I figure the relatively new (circa '95) plumbing downstream can handle solids like that – it handles all the other solids I’ve thrown its way, fingers x’d. I’m very strict about NOT pouring oil and grease down the sink, however, as that would be a good place for solids to embed themselves.

I’ve done all my own plumbing, too. Never ran mains before, but cleaned out a trap twice. It’s not the little bits of mashed up food that gets you, it’s the grease. Oh except the one time a roommate was shucking (I can’t think of any other word for it) squids over the sink, tossing the skins into the disposal. Days later it all backed up, and we went at with a snake and pulled out a squid skin clog.

I hate plumbing.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct, it is always the grease. But that’s the rub–a few pieces of corn, no prob. Tortillas? Different story. Minestrone soup? Not a prob. Clam chowder? Ugh.

We agree.

1 Like

It depends on if they’re kosher. But really, I try not to get into personal matters with regards to freezer space. They don’t really care, do they?

1 Like

That sounds like work. We just use the composter in the backyard.

2 Likes

I have one of those! I mainly use it to deter the cats from being too curious with the drain, though.

That’s pretty much the premise of the old black comedy horror film Parents

2 Likes

We just put it in the green recycling bin and the city hauls it off to its industrial composters.

As someone else mentioned, if you have convenient access to one its far easier than composting it yourself. You don’t have to sort foods. Being able to toss meat, bones, citrus peels, soiled paper towels, ‘compostable’ products etc. into the bucket is an amazing thing. I’m lucky that there’s a facility close to my work but it’s also on its way to becoming mandatory that food waste cannot be put in trash here which means waste haulers will be required to offer curbside pickup.

1 Like

Ah, and now the conversation turns back to domestic composting machines;

https://www.zera.com

From what I understand these machines heat, and therefore kill any dangerous microbes that make composting meat dangerous. Now as to whether they make one big enough to fit a human body…

1 Like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GTVXPZK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_bBAUyb3HT02JW

1 Like

Did I hear a challenge?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.