GOP accuses Obama of being President

The short answer is no.

The long answer is we are dangerously close to a new type of feudalism because of the stupidity of our electorate. That stupidity is fed by making sure that we don’t have decent education, and then the whole system feeds back on itself. There is going to be a massive break in the next 20 years because it’s not a system that can work in the long term.

4 Likes

Ah, ok, they are fabricated quotes they’re just his fabricated quotes, not fabricated quotes from elsewhere. I should have followed the link, that might have helped.
But maybe not, as this really isn’t any crazier than what he’s actually said. The real Stockman has threatened to impeach the President for his executive actions. He even previously said that the President literally wanted to be impeached: “He wants us to impeach him now, before the midterm election because his senior advisers believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat. Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote.” He then suggested that congress should defund the White House to prevent Obama from doing anything.

Stockman is a birther. The only thing that was really off with the quotes was the tone more than the content, although he’d never admit the President actually has any powers. There’s a reason Stockman has been called the “nuttiest” member of Congress.

1 Like

This is a two year old satirical article written when post-Newtown gun control legislation seemed a forgone conclusion. But…that didn’t happen. So well done elected lawmakers, the status quo doesn’t really need you protection after all. Just…do…nothing. That’ll keep things fixed.

[quote=“ben_ehlers, post:14, topic:50207”]
My mind reels when I try to imagine how poor Americans have been duped into supporting a regime that struggles daily to increase that margin.[/quote]

It’s simple: The perceived status differences of the “poor Americans” in question are at stake.

If you’re three rungs from the bottom of the ladder – working for a living but mired in debt – you can at least still sneer at the people a rung below you (working but on Food Stamps) and two rungs below you (on Unemployment or Welfare and Food Stamps) for being “takers” and deluded victims of the nanny-state.

(The fact that you’ll soon to be dependant on Social Security and Medicare doesn’t matter; those are natural birthrights of hard-working Americans.)

2 Likes

It’s funny, because this petty partisan bullshit is destabilising the most powerful country on earth, leaving us teetering on the brink of global calamity!

2 Likes

I heard in passing this morning that “soon” the top 1% will own more of the global capital than the remaining 99%.

It’s not just the Americans. We’ve all been duped.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.