GOP accuses Obama of being President

[Permalink]

3 Likes

alternate See what Obama does with this one little secret that GOPers don’t want you to know about. You’ll be shocked!

18 Likes

Just wondering if the KockBroTeaBagger/GOP ever considers that possibility of doing something that actually benefits the American people–other than the 100 or so billionaires that feed them.

They are all for Corporate / Billionaire welfare though, and it shows at every turn.
Nothing for MainStreet USA, nothing for the working American!

7 Likes

Do Stockman’s quotes originally come from The Onion? Because that’s the only way this makes sense to me.

16 Likes

Politics in the UK is absolute shite, filled with greedy psychopaths; it looks like we’ve got a way to go though before we can catch up with the US of A in terms of raw howling lunacy.

Apparently Michelle Obama is a man :open_mouth:

8 Likes

In fairness that was a satirical article. Andy Borowitz is a comedian, not a journalist.

It does sum up the GOP’s sentiment toward Obama very nicely though.

11 Likes

Poe’s Law strikes again :blush:

8 Likes

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. In 2001, he created the Borowitz Report, a satirical news column that has millions of readers around the world, for which he won the first-ever National Press Club award for humor.

2 Likes

That’s the problem. Reality has gotten so much like satire it’s difficult to distinguish the two.

17 Likes

i thought the same thing. it reads like an Onion piece.

1 Like

How is it any different than conservatives using Congressional budget powers to derail Obama care?

You can tell it’s satire because in no way would the GOP actually accuse him of being president; to do that, they’d have to admit that he’s president and let go of that birther crap.

11 Likes

Also, this is from 2 years ago :smile:

Here’s a more current one:

I just heard on the BBC that the top 80 wealthiest people in the world control as much capital as the poorest 3,500,000,000 people. My mind reels when I try to imagine how poor Americans have been duped into supporting a regime that struggles daily to increase that margin.

11 Likes

Not a week goes by that I don’t have to remind a friend or relative on Facebook that the Borowitz Report is a satire/humor column and completely fake.

Of course, the NY Times doesn’t help things by lumping his articles in with current news and politics, so when scanning headlines, they end up being clickbait.

2 Likes
  • New Yorker, not the Times. But yes, they should probably mark his column as “satire” though at this point I think they do it for the lulz.
2 Likes

His column is in the “humor” section of the magazine/web site but that may not be obvious to those who follow the direct link to the article unless they note the “/humor/” portion of the URL.

They probably think the writer is being phlegmatic or filled with bile.

Yep. And modern browsers are getting rid of the url display. Here’s the masthead in the current version of Safari:

My mistake, you’re completely right. But yeah, I think they’ve decided his stuff is funnier without having to say SATIRE at the top, like a Joe Blundo column.