GOP candidate brags about war injury — that he actually got hiking in Montana? (video)

I’d say there’s a better than even chance that his bullet wound was not caused by dropping the gun, but was the result of horseplay and/or shenanigans.

11 Likes

Must’ve been during the Bowling Green Massacre.

Semper Lie

16 Likes
11 Likes

The only people who baffle me more than those who lie about about military service when they didn’t serve or served in a non-combat capacity, are those that served in combat, but lie to what extent or exaggerate their record.

I guess as a politician we should just expect it?

9 Likes

I think the ER records would show whether he had a FRESH bullet wound or an injury from a fall and a well-healed wound with a bullet still in it.

8 Likes

Yeah absolutely nothing about his cover story sounds remotely plausible.

Plus, why lie to the ER about when he got the bullet wound even if he was covering for his platoonmates? He could have just told them “I still have a bullet in my arm from my time in the service.”

9 Likes

The responsible thing is not to own a gun

10 Likes

Bet you’re going to feel damn silly when the government tries to take your guns away, and you can’t put up armed resistance because you have no gun. /s

11 Likes

Yet another case of a gun owner who’s had high quality training in how to be safe around guns managing to shoot themself through incompetence.

8 Likes

That’s what my brother does. He has a fragment from a hunting accident stuck in a spot where removing it would cause more damage than leaving it. And it shows up on x-rays.

4 Likes

I worked as a security guard for a summer at IBM in, at the time, low crime Upstate NY. The guards used to be armed, until one of the guards was practicing his fast draw, and accidentally shot a clock. Management decided play time was over, and made them give up the guns.

12 Likes

He was killing time?

16 Likes

So this guy was only slightly worse at gun safety than a comic relief character on a TV show? [He only accidentally fired his gun once.] That’s not really a high bar to clear …

He thought he saw Miss Minutes and got scared at what she was there/then to do?

3 Likes

I totally believe this happened during combat. The Russkies were coming for Lea Thompson–was he supposed to drive around WITHOUT loaded and poorly secured weapons? I think not.

6 Likes

The time the clock stopped would tell him how fast his draw was.

5 Likes

Self-defense then, because time is killing him.

4 Likes

No, he only shot himself once (that we know of.) We have no evidence that he hasn’t had reckless or accidental discharges many times before. I would absolutely not assume that he has been safer that deputy Fife, who usually at least managed to keep the dangerous end pointed away from himself and others.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.