Is Trump's oversized bandage a coverup?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/19/is-trumps-oversized-bandage-a-coverup.html

8 Likes

Well yes, of course it’s a coverup. Isn’t it obvious that he’s recently gone heavy on Tampax stonks?

27 Likes

Kotex?

Although Johnson & Johnson marketed a disposable sanitary napkin in 1896, it met with limited acceptance. However, surgical dressings developed during the First World War spurred innovation in commercial sanitary napkin designs, including products by Sfag-Na-Kins and Kotex.

(I live not far from a Johnson & Johnson plant that apparently supplies roughly half of Europe with tampons. Sometimes the subject pops up in local history.)

8 Likes

While I do beleive he was hit in the ear by the bullet, I don’t beleive the bandage needs to be that big. The shooting has been a gift to the Trump campaign, why not draw attention to the fact he was almost assasinated.

22 Likes

If it’s that severe, he needs the Cone of Shame.

38 Likes

I’m 50/50 on this. I suffered an ear injury recently, and I had to wear an enormous bandage (and a hat to cover it up) for a few days. Ears are weirdly shaped and it can be hard to get a decent surface area for adhesion.

17 Likes

He has been wearing heavy coverup since I have been aware of him.

23 Likes

The covering is to keep the Cheetos dust away from the wound.

17 Likes

Sure. Some of need to be caffeinated to carry on with the rest of our day. A big ear bandage for show and he’s ass-inated (almost, two-letters short, right?) for his campaign. :crazy_face:

He wouldn’t be the only one turning himself into a bigger ass.

2 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-style-ear-bandages-are-new-trend-republican-national-convention-2024-07-18/

9 Likes

The original close-up photo directly after the “hit” shows a shallow wound about the size of the width of a pinkie nail on the rim of the ear about 2/3 up from the lobe, the rest being blood trails. I’ve done worse to myself.

8 Likes

37 Likes

Election 2020 Love GIF by Joe Biden

16 Likes

Yep, it’s a cult. facepalm

12 Likes

Next step self flagellation…

Episode 18 Grunts GIF by The Simpsons

8 Likes

… his right ear was facing away from the teleprompters when it happened

What is so implausible about getting grazed across the ear by a bullet anyway?

What is the inconsistency that the glass-shard theory is meant to explain :confused:

11 Likes

If he really is getting some sort of boost amongst his cultists from this I think it’s obvious he should repeat the incident to get an even bigger boost. If a ear alone gets this kind of attention, I wonder what it would take to get a yuge rating boost? :thinking:

8 Likes

Maybe the one between reality and Tromp’s effort to portray himself heroically. It’s a much greater story (in his followers’ eyes) if instead of dodging a shard of glass, he literally dodged a bullet.

6 Likes

… he can’t really have been shot, because he’s a bad person and being shot would make him look good :thinking:

1 Like

I think instead that the possibilty for some on the left is that revelations that it was actually a glass shard world deflate his claim of heroism.

6 Likes