GOP candidate for Maine legislature says he's sorry for calling Parkland massacre survivor a ‘skinhead lesbian’

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/14/gop-candidate-for-maine-legisl.html

7 Likes

Well sorry he said it in his out loud voice anyway.

41 Likes

While the man is unquestionably a shithead, at least it was an actual apology (sincere or not) rather than one of those notpology “I am sorry if any of you snowflakes were offended by my sincerely held beliefs,” although I suspect that was what he meant to say.

15 Likes

If you go out of your way to call a teenager a “skinhead lesbian” … are you ever really sorry you said it?

26 Likes

Is he still running unopposed, and doesn’t mean that he’ll get the seat by default even if he’s a complete and utter tool?

8 Likes

“Moonbat”? Do people still call liberals that, or is he just being a quaint and olden “wingnut”?

(see, I can pull out archaic pejoratives too)

9 Likes

Damn so many termites crawling out of the woodwork lately I don’t understand how the roof hasn’t fallen in on us all yet.

9 Likes

Honestly, with her name being Gonzalez, I’m surprised he forgot to add a racial slur in there.

23 Likes

Mr. Leslie Gibson set off my Gaydar alert. Is he out ? Does the GOP permit gays in their ranks?

1 Like

Absolutely as long as the nod and smile and appear to agree when Pat Robertson starts going off about how gay people cause hurricanes and earthquakes.

8 Likes

If I were her parents…I’d find a way to press charges. She is a minor…he shouldn’t be saying ANYTHING about her.

4 Likes

Leslie Gibson, neo-Nazi pedophile, apologized today…

7 Likes

There is some kind of perfect joke about this guys haircut, and him being named Leslie…

2 Likes

He says “skinhead lesbian” like it’s a bad thing.

25 Likes

I’m sure that can be fixed now.

5 Likes

Don’t ever get between a middle aged white man and his dick gun.

3 Likes

There’s a pro-gay-rights group within the party called the “Log Cabin Republicans” but they’ve been about as influential as those supposed Black Confederate Soldiers that racists made up to prove they aren’t racist.

9 Likes

Ok, so the guy is… well you know. deplorable
As online apologies go, that’s actually not a bad one. The sincerity may be manufactured but it’s far from the worst apology I’ve read. I for one hope more reconciliations could include offers of understanding and friendship.

3 Likes

19 Likes

You pulled a Scalia!

2 Likes