GOP congress members could be forced to vote on Trump's coup attempt

I don’t know which prospect would be worse:

1. Republicans successfully throw out the election results and seize power, thus plunging the nation into Civil War
  2. Republicans successfully throw out the election results and seize power, but the nation lets it happen to avoid a Civil War
13 Likes

My first thought about that bit was, why would they care? The republican party wants power, and they don’t care how they get it or what damage they do to keep it.

4 Likes

any of them who vote that way should be considered traitors and tried for treason and face capital punishment.

4 Likes
  1. number 2 is worse.
1 Like

Keep fucking those rats. They will do it because Trump has captured the hearts and minds of the far right and they dont want to get a RINO label and not have them show up next election.

1 Like

You know, they could just be the far right after all those purity tests.

3 Likes

Marketing. Self-deception. Preemption.

Lots of reasons. Essentially, nobody wants to be the villain in their own story.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about the goldfish brains that so many republicans seem to have. Anything bad one of their own did may as well have never happened at all if it’s more than a week ago.

5 Likes

Yes. They are a mix of fuckups, but also the totally disenfranchised, as well. People pushed to the margins, fed a steady diet of info garbage. And the white oligarchy is doing all it can to prevent those people from wising up.

The more I look at this, the more ways I slice and dice this whole situation, taking it apart in my mind, this deteriorating country, the more I see it for what it is. At the root is racism. White supremacy. At the root. But not the root itself. The root IS money, and the oligarchs, the white owners enforcing that racist system so that they can keep their money. Their material supremacy. Until we deal with them, all they do is dodge and weave. The problem goes on. Racism and inequality persist because they persist it.

There is no reason we cannot ALL be wealthy. Have enough. Be healthy. Live together peacefully. Celebrate our differences. …But for the insane, egotistical shortsightedness of the few, for their greed. Their feelings of inadequacy unless they possess more.

11 Likes

If only there were something that could be done with traitors to the country and its Constitution.

5 Likes

Suppose Pants manages to ‘lose’ a few ballots in the counting. Or maybe he lies. Who checks him?

I can’t begin to fathom the horror that a constitutional convention right now would produce.

4 Likes

meh…getting harder to believe in consequences for even the most grievous red team malfeasance.

butt stuff?

Bet it’s butt stuff.

If it comes to a civil war, I have a fair notion as to which side the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff — General Mark Milley — would be on. This, his words at the opening of the National Museum of the United States Army back in November: 2:53 to 5:10

(Was I imagining that look when he says, “… king or queen, a tyrant or dictator”?)

7 Likes

If the bouncer should toss him out, we will truly see if more than Tigger’s go “boing-boing-boing”.

It seems that if you are loyal to the party, and you address any Democrat as “radical liberal” you can get away with anything.

1 Like

tumblr_movcy1ECBL1reqrf3o1_400|nullxnull

11 Likes

It’s a Death Cult of Personality…

7 Likes

The Real Estate Swindler’s government in exile has already begun. We’ll see how many congresspeople will join him.

3 Likes