GOP Congressman DOES believe in climate change, thinks Christian God will fix it

I see that a lot with creationists - switching scales and confusing orders of magnitude to dismiss something. (E.g. discussing “evolution” as if it applied on a cosmic scale to the formation of galaxies) I supposed it’s a combination of ignorance, dismissing the entirety of science and also creating a straw man so absurd that it makes them seem reasonable by comparison.

7 Likes

Ahaha remember when “nuke 'em all, let God sort it out” was only a jokey turn of phrase and not public policy?

18 Likes

Wasn’t there a prominent member of Reagan’s cabinet who sincerely believed there was no need for long-term planning on the environment because the rapture was imminent? I can’t seem to find the reference at the moment.

13 Likes

Maybe that’s not so crazy. A manmade problem could use a manmade solution.

8 Likes

Why am I not the least bit surprised that this guy went to Wheaton College?

6 Likes

“Allah will provide, but tie your camel anyhow.”
“What??!? You one’a them *Mooslims???”
*decided against using a more racist, but commonly used epithet.

8 Likes

Look up his district on a map, and the rest of the crap that falls out of his mouth will suddenly come into sharp focus.

For those who haven’t lived in Michigan, the 7th is mostly rural, rather white, and dances around the blue cities of Ann Arbor and East Lansing.

8 Likes

I think even the most despicable bible-thumping scam-artists are laughing at Walberg over that one.

3 Likes

Nice one.

5 Likes

A.K.A., Land of the Wal-Mart Wolverine

3 Likes

8 Likes

[quote=“Fef, post:16, topic:101964, full:true”]
And the LORD did speak unto the congressman, saying, “Show Me, where in that book does it say that I’m your fucking maid?”
[/quote]Right!. Kind of like saying Hey God nice planet, I just shit all over it could you clean it up so my kids don’t step in it.
What the hell kind of relationship to your god are you talking about… maybe he gave you some good shit to smoke. You thankful for that?

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure the quote is used correctly. It’s hard to imagine a more faithful person than Jesus, after all. (I suspect this is one of those cases where the language used in the translation doesn’t help, but I don’t have the skills to check.)

I was going to quote the equivalent Luke 4:12, but came here to find I’d been beaten to it.

James Watt, Reagan’s Secretary of the Interior: “I do not know how many future generations we can count on before the Lord returns…”

From the article:
In 1995, Watt was indicted on 25 counts of felony perjury and obstruction of justice by a federal grand jury, accused of making false statements before the grand jury investigating influence peddling at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which he had lobbied in the 1980s. On January 2, 1996, Watt pleaded guilty to one count of misdemeanor of withholding documents from the grand jury. On March 12, 1996, he was sentenced to five years’ probation, and ordered to pay a fine of $5,000 and perform 500 hours of community service.

17 Likes

I’m not saying there’s an institutional hatred of Christianity among liberals, but if there were, it would be for stupid shit like this.

14 Likes

From what I’ve been told, it’s actually satanic hate from the demons that possess you after listening to the Village People.

4 Likes

I’m not saying the quote is wrong. I’m just saying I think the Bible is wrong.

3 Likes

Why do so many Christians ignore the meaning of the word stewardship?

9 Likes

As the climate continues to change, God’s plan is to exterminate biological humans from the earth and to replace selected humans with solid-state lifeforms which are not harmed by climate change. Climate change can not be stopped and to stop it would be unnatural, like stopping the earth from orbiting the sun. In these respects the Christian who says God is able to deal with climate change is correct, and God does have a plan, and foreknew that the earth would only be habitable by biological humans for a brief time before we would need to evolve into solid-state lifeforms which do not die and are not harmed by the deadly climate which is prophesied. The problem is those who are against science and against evolving into being living robots, and who want to play God by trying to stop the climate from changing like it does everywhere else in the universe. Those who are against climate change are certainly well meaning, but are looking at climate as though it were something which should not change, or would not change if mankind were not adding to that change. God is not going to fix climate change, rather, God is going to fix mankind so that climate change is not an issue to the solid-state robots that those who believe in Jesus are going to be turned into, even as promised, having new bodies which are not made of living flesh, which do not die, nor feel pain, nor suffer hunger because robots are electric.

7 Likes

Did he have a hot invisible robot girlfriend?

5 Likes