GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter indicted on wire fraud & campaign finance crimes, incl. $1,500+ of Steam games

$1500 of Steam games? Doesn’t he know to wait for the sales?

4 Likes

Now I don’t feel as bad about my video gaming addiction. At least I’m spending my own money.

I’m horribly curious to know which games he bought.

Sales don’t matter when you aren’t using your own money. If you’re doing something that’s going to send you to prison, you might as well pay full price. They won’t shave time off your sentence for being frugal.

11 Likes

The rate of convictions and resignations under fire of Republicans to Democrats is something like 17 to 2.

6 Likes

It’s from your time working at Fox.

fnc_20090624_sanford

6 Likes

If he bought games on sale, there’s no way he could have spent that much money. I mean, I’ve accumulated over 400 games in my Steam library over the years, and I haven’t even spent near half that much. Even paying full price for the most expensive games, that’s well over a thousand hours worth of games, minimum. I suspect most went unplayed.

Yep. Though what’s weird is that one almost has to go out of one’s way to pay full price for PC games these days. They usually start off on sale and then permanently get reduced a few months after release, with further sales reductions. Maybe he bought something like 100+ games - for that much money, it would have been more than anyone could get through, so whether 30 or 100, it makes little difference. Insane excess one way or another.

6 Likes

He looks like Jim from the office so what else do you expect, Jim is a cu#&.

1 Like

To all the hard working Federal prosecutors, thank you. And keep em coming.

giphy

15 Likes

Oh, no, no, no, my friend.THIS kind of corruption is a bit new. Not to say we haven’t been close to this before.

6 Likes

I’d like to believe that, but I’m from Chicago.

5 Likes

eh, there’s always an outlier.

4 Likes

Really? A friend of mine has spent almost 9 grand on Steam, over the course of 14 years. Also maybe Hunter’s also buying 4 packs of games to distribute among friends. I know I’ve spent almost 900 dollars and my library only has 91 games.

So if you’ve got over 400 you probably only go in for the low-cost indie games while Hunter probably goes in for AAA titles?

1 Like

Maybe it was micro-transactions, or buying high-level characters from grinding farms.

2 Likes

Didn’t even wait for a Steam Sale.

wow. Just fucking wow.

1 Like

Yes but what Steam games. I have to know.

3 Likes

1 Like

I game a lot and i can’t imagine spending 1500 on steam. Was it just games or cosmetics? both?

i need to judge this man for his bad life choices.

3 Likes

Eh, its easy to spend $1500 on games. Just look at the photo of the table. Lots at $50 and $25. Which is what a AAA game will cost. They don’t often get marked down below $20 except as some kind of bundle which itself is that much or more. And that’s before considering buying additional content or in-game currency for various games.

Don’t know how old his son is, but it is plausible his son bought the games. Seems Hunter’s misuse of campaign funds became entirely casual, and it would absolutely fit that pattern for him to give his campaign card to his kid to buy games. What isn’t plausible that it is some kind of technical glitch. Regardless of who was clicking the button Hunter intended to misuse the campaign funds for games.

2 Likes

When does a congressional representative have time to play games? I thought they spent all their time calling rich people and begging for money.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, doesn’t this just give trumpers the ammunition to call this some sort of deep state conspiracy against his supporters in government?
Then again, they’ll see a dead squirrel in the road and think the same thing.