GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter indicted on wire fraud & campaign finance crimes, incl. $1,500+ of Steam games

I am also fascinated by a guy who, if he’s going to be that corrupt, can’t be competently corrupt to have more than $7 in his bank account.

1 Like

Ppppbbbttt! He’s only against telemarketing because he already has his deep pocket contributors lined up. And some of those are questionable sources.

2 Likes

That $1500 on Steam during a sale or just normal?

I mean… if you really want to spend money on Steam, it’s not hard:

…and that doesn’t even include the game! It’s just the add ons!

5 Likes

$1500? Filthy casuals.

3 Likes

Well, to be fair, bundles are a big contributor to my Steam library, and they greatly depress the average per-game price paid, but I have hundreds bought through Steam itself. I think I only paid the full price on a single AAA game, though. (And even then it was only because it was a recently released game that sounded very similar to a game I had been working on at the time, and I felt obligated to check it out immediately.) I have a whole lot of AAA games, but not brand-new ones. When my Steam backlog got too high (which happened almost instantly), I quickly realized how foolish it was to pay $50 for games when they’d be marked down to $5 or less by the time I actually got around to playing them, something which happens very quickly now.

2 Likes

You Fox’d yourself!

the-office-jim-is-the-worst

1 Like

Any idea what his handle is? I’d love to backstab him in, say, Rocket League. Yes, my designation is tier 44-Expert.

1 Like

Wtf is up with train hobbyists? Buy a yacht or something, people!

Ballotpedia’s description of the seat (California-50) has it estimated as R+11 (11% more republican than the nation as a whole). This means that it’s probably safe, but could be flipped if you have the combination of a big swing to the Democrats, plus some additional fall-out from this scandal.

How much does a scandal hurt a candidate. Well, 538 just did an article on this:

They estimate it at about 9 points.

Sorry to be overly wordy here but attached is the list my friend provided me with. Please note that my friend will pay $20.00 for any factual errors that can be found. This list does not include the current crop of convictions, however.

Resigned , Convicted or Fired

Trump ® 17

Obama (D) 8

W. Bush ® 62

Clinton (D) 3

H.W. Bush ® 2

Reagan ® 40

Carter (D) 2

Ford ® 1

Nixon ® 25

LBJ (D) 2

JFK (D) 0

Eisenhower ® 2

Truman (D) 1

Republicans = 148

vs

Democrats = 16

Sorry to be concise here, but the topic of the thread is Congressmen, not Presidents.

1 Like

Maybe he just likes his trains.

2 Likes

Yeah, but it’s barely on sale. :wink:
After saying that, I looked at Steam at the most expensive games/bundles, and several publishers had 50+ game bundles on sale, and the two most expensive ones were, together, a bit more than $1500, so… It’s not impossible to spend that much money, it just involves buying more games (or add-ons) than you can play or buying the most expensive games at full price (at a rate faster than you could play through them).

It says a lot about the makeup of this community that the biggest topic of conversation in this scandal is the online gaming portion! :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.