GOP Senate candidate says women have the right to make him a "home cooked dinner every night at six"

Wasn’t Norman Rockwell a literal propagandist for the hated FDR?

It’s like he’s invoking Woody Guthrie because he doesn’t like that damn rap music.

14 Likes

This video looked like a parody!

hahaha

I didn’t hate it, but it was damn silly; especially the ending.

2 Likes

This is Andy Kaufman territory… at best.

Chanel? Weren’t Mitzi or Brandi available?

3 Likes

One of the best lines from last week’s “The Good Place”, from one of the afterlife’s administrators:

“It’s all gonna work out. I took the form of a 45-year-old white man for a reason. I can only fail up!”

shaun

12 Likes

Indeed. Rockwell may have created a lot of work that romanticized the American Dream, but he was hardly some starry eyed ultra-conservative who believed America was just fine and dandy as-is.

ETA: Just saw that this very painting was referenced in an adjacent thread:

22 Likes

That line was so fucking spot-on; I fluv that show.

5 Likes

But the photo in that ad is so great! He’s working so hard to achieve that Trump “Tough Guy? Or Constipated?” look.

7 Likes

I’m sure that there are plenty that embrace This Land Is Your Land as Republican Americana – without knowing anything about the song’s history, or listening to the words of some verses too carefully.

12 Likes

And so nobody misses it, notice what Rosie’s feet are resting upon.

15 Likes

Crushing even.

10 Likes

Ah yes. One of those feminine, classy women from the glory days of the USA that conservatives like to talk about.

8 Likes

Sykes: You, Rockwell fantasy woman! It’s six o’clock and I’d like my dinner now.
Rosie: Das’ cute, hon. Now how bouts you go make me another sandwich before I shove this rivet gun up yer scrawny ass?

12 Likes

Here’s another Rockwell girl who isn’t buying what Sykes is selling.

28 Likes

I like the rolled-up sleeves. That’s half the story right there.

9 Likes

If you look very closely you can also see she’s wearing a necklace made of human ears under her shirt.

4 Likes
2 Likes

:open_mouth:  

These are real people, formed in reaction to imaginary people, who exist only in the minds of these real people. Who vote.

6 Likes