GOP Senator David Perdue leads prayer for Obama's death

Senator Perdue may you go fuck yourself royally.

Amen.

13 Likes

Ordinary decent people are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people are sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and am sick & tired of being told that I am.

13 Likes

Here ya go:

53 Likes

Come to find out, it wasn’t even an original thought.

2 Likes

*lolz

So wrong.

1 Like

Perdue is an idiot, no doubt, but to say that he was praying for Obama’s death is a huge stretch. By citing Psalm 109:8, I think he was making an unfunny attempt to say that he wants Obama out of office very soon. Now, if he had continued and also made reference to Psalm 109:9 then, yeah that would be praying for death.

3 Likes

Short of dying, Obama’s going to be leaving his current position in seven months. If he just wants him out of office, why bother praying?

16 Likes

Why are these “Christians” always quoting the Hebrew Bible? Don’t they have their own? Oh! Wait! That one doesn’t wish mayhem on anyone. Except maybe the money changers.

12 Likes

He needs to establish his we-represent-Christianity-and-we’ll-fucking-kill-anyone-who-says-otherwise street cred.

4 Likes

Actually, the King James is the worst translation to English of all of them - it went through Latin, first. Try translating Frere Jacques through your favorite translation a couple of times and enjoy the results. :wink:

The others came from the Greek remnants of copies of copies of the “original” manuscripts which were handed down orally from the time of Jesus. Or not.

It’s complicated.

9 Likes

The thing the right appears to forget, despite their waving of bibles, is that words mean something. I’m sure Jeeeeeebus would be down with wishing someone’s children to become fatherless and wander as beggars…although if their home is ruined, why the fuck wouldn’t they leave in the first place?

Also, Perdue, you’re an asshole…but you knew that.

Want.

7 Likes

Well done!

3 Likes

Jesus wasn’t terribly keen on the Scribes and the Pharisees, who were the Religious Right of their day.

Polite Jews, of course, would never wish ill on anybody, but they were not above giving the Almighty a hint, e.g.
“David Perdue should only, God forbid, be knocked down by a bus, and the ambulance should only, God forbid, have a flat tyre and no spare, and when they get him to the hospital he should, God forbid, find his medical insurance has lapsed…”

7 Likes

I prefer the more subtle, “May a child be named for you soon.”

7 Likes

But have you read the novel?

Because it sounds neat in theory… until you lose your temper, you powers spiral out of control and you end up blowing a good chunk of your hometown to kingdom come.

3 Likes

Not mine, sadly. I just googled “bugs bunny Canada gif” and this was the first result.

9 Likes

Well, I agree, he wasn’t praying. Wishing for, hoping for might be more accurate. Unless he opens his mouth to say things he doesn’t mean and wouldn’t want misinterpreted, but what politician would ever do that?

2 Likes

Welp, I want to send him an angry email, but I refuse to give him my address in the process, because I don’t want his BS in my mailbox.

Maybe I’ll send an email to the regional representative instead…

I can’t tell you how much this pisses me off.

15 Likes

If you’re on Twitter, you can drop by and say hi:
https://twitter.com/sendavidperdue

His senate office’s number’s in comments if you wanted to call and leave a message.

5 Likes

I’m not… maybe a call later though. This is just beyond the pale and the “blame it on the media” BS is getting a bit trite.

8 Likes