GOP Senator David Perdue leads prayer for Obama's death

Bruh. I’m from Florida, sooooo, no great loss.

7 Likes

That is freaking beautiful! And needs to be placed in the gif bank!

8 Likes

Damned if I’m not stumped for an altruistic rebuttal that would hold any water…

1 Like

Well sure, if he weren’t working on my (as a taxpayer) dime. He should have at least some time set aside to do the job we hired him for.

1 Like

In unrelated news, Obama was overheard shortly afterwards saying:

“I am rubber, you are glue, whatever you say bounces back to you.”

12 Likes

How does that read in the Modern English translation?

5 Likes

A few things were noted that explain why I left Catholicism behind me many years ago. To me, most prayer tends to look, sound & feel like a plea for help or intervention, whether the intention is good or bad.

But it’s a rare prayer that says “Hey, thanks for all I’ve got and hopefully what’s to come.” Rarely is free will or “I did as much as I could on my own, thanks for picking up the slack” mentioned, or alluded to.

3 Likes

OMG! Canada without any pants!

11 Likes

Why in the name of great horny toads does the Wikipedia entry regarding the NLT read like it was written by a MBA who ate a dictionary of buzzwords?
eta: smut_clyde, yeah!!

1 Like

That’s the way (uh huh uh huh)
We like it (uh huh uh huh).

2 Likes

In defence of the medieval brained fuckwit, the senator did quote chapter and verse, so all the other stuff about asking his imaginary friend to kill POTUS’s family isn’t covered in his prayer. Now, back when this kind of drooling wishmaking was popular, wishing for the king’s death was treason. Surely making a threat against the Commander in Chief’s life should be treated as sedition. The court case could be fun, “Did you wish that the President would die; or do you believe that your prayers will not be answered?”

13 Likes

I’m not sure that US Fundamentalism and Christianity are actually the same thing at all. There seem to be some serious contradictions.

6 Likes

To be fair, even with pants, you can still make out the full Florida.

18 Likes

Christ: “What an asshole.”

12 Likes

From the movie The Producers:
The landlord: He who signs a lease must pay rent. That’s the law.
Max Bialystock: You miserable wretch! How dare you take the last penny out of a poor man’s pocket?
The landlord: I have to. I’m a landlord.
Max Bialystock: [to God] Oh, Lord, hear my plea; destroy him! He maketh a blight on the land!
The landlord: [also to God] Don’t listen to him; he’s crazy.

9 Likes

“Hello, Secret Service? A religious fanatic has just uttered a threat to the President… Yes, I’ll hold”

And what I’m frightened of is that they call it 'Gods Love’

4 Likes

“We aren’t really asking God to kill Obama. Also we’re asking him to do the same to you troublesome journalists.”

Update: Message is not really aimed at God’s ears, but at loons who want to Do God’s Work.

4 Likes

The American Taliban’s (aka y’all qaeda) practices are derived from their tribal customs, which are not necessarily related to Biblical teachings

9 Likes

Short of dying, Obama’s going to be leaving his current position in seven months. If he just wants him out of office, why bother praying?

Everyone thinks time travel is hard. Just be patient.

4 Likes

I’d say no more so than dunking witches, or forcibly shaving people as a mark of shame.

1 Like