Michael Flynn's ad promotes "Take Action" event in Texas with gunshots and bullet holes

Originally published at: Michael Flynn's ad promotes "Take Action" event in Texas with gunshots and bullet holes | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Being a citizen of the Bible sounds pretty unpleasant. All sorts of bad stuff is always happening in there.

26 Likes

The Bible never mentions the word “vote” or "voting .” … But the fact that God did not say exactly how to “choose,” and never mentions the word “vote,” can make it a little hard to get direct guidance from the Bible."

Sickening and not all at surprising that the traitorous grifter is masquerading behind a guise of religion to spread his brand of gun fetish, propaganda and hate.

20 Likes

Exactly. So maybe we shouldn’t be having voting AT ALL.

/s

8 Likes

Well, I did a quick concordance search, and sure enough the word “Elect” comes up a few times. While it mostly just means “chosen,” the Romans certainly knew about elections, and chose the word accordingly. The pope is elected by cardinals, most mainstream denominations similarly chose upper level clerics by the votes of similarly high-ranking clergy. It begs the question: whose vote, since God has refrained from making public statements for the last couple of millennia, will choose this new ruler of theirs?

3 Likes

The Bible doesn’t have a lot of relevant guidance on running free and fair democratic elections for the same reason it doesn’t have a lot of relevant guidance on tuning up a carburetor. Large-scale, fully inclusive democratic republics hadn’t been invented yet, and if they had been it’s not clear that Jesus or His followers would have supported that form of government anyway. J.C.'s nickname is “the King of Kings,” not “the President of Presidents” or “the Prime Minister of Heaven.”

Of course the Bible doesn’t say anything about guns either but that hasn’t stopped the wingnuts from making firearms a central pillar of their death cult.

26 Likes

Well, there is that one bit about everyone having to be counted in an accurate census…

15 Likes

There has not been a more dishonored General in a long time than Flynn.

13 Likes

I bet they won’t let you in if you have a gun

hypocrites

9 Likes

Being a citizen of Deadwood doesn’t sound all that amazing either

5 Likes

It appears some dumb cowboy is shooting at the movie screen, thinking he’s actually shooting at. . . the sun?

And I fully expect somebody to photoshop a Kangol cap and some big gold dookie ropes on Flynn.

5 Likes

33 Likes

Jesus take the wheel and help me test the turn signals and brake lights.

18 Likes

Ah, I know what I find bothersome. At first I thought it was use of the bible as a prop but I figured out it’s the mixing of firearms and religion. I’ve seen outcomes stemming from that mix in other parts of the world and am emphatically like “no thanks”.

10 Likes
9 Likes

remember when this guy was a big time general with great decision making power and many, many subordinates? jesus. what’s more frightening, that the army knew what this guy was or that they didn’t?

12 Likes

Does the US Army still have the power to strip Flynn of his title for bringing the service into disrepute?

17 Likes

“Border Law Enforcement,” “Biblical Citizenship,” and “Election Integrity from a Biblical Worldview,”

We can but pray that Flynn is taken back in to the arms of the Lord, post-haste.

5 Likes

My mind went here

13 Likes

Dude - you’re from Rhode Island. Your wide open spaces was the parking lot at the White Hen Pantry.

20 Likes