Thoughts and Prayers: a Congressional mass-shooting simulator

[Read the post]

7 Likes

It really should end with “PRAY AGAIN”.

16 Likes

I don’t twit, as of yet, but I feel like I ought to make a twitterbot that responds to #thoughtsandprayers with #matthew6:5

“And whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, so that they may be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

22 Likes

Seems like someone around here should have the technology to get that set up!

5 Likes

My best score was over 2700. I found that you can get a much higher score by sticking to thoughts and prayers alone, instead of wasting valuable time trying to ban things.

8 Likes

29 Likes

Games are indeed art.

2 Likes

That pretty much nails it, thanks!

1 Like

A comment on Kotaku Au that I wish I could take credit for:

12 Likes

Or “I’m going to hope extra-hard it doesn’t happen again.”

3 Likes

Real Christians don’t believe any of that hippy nonsense.

7 Likes

despite having collectively taken $3,782,803 in campaign contributions.

…from the NRA. The sentence doesn’t make much sense if you forget that part.

9 Likes

Or James 2:14-18:

What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

12 Likes

Aye, but they will piss on your leg and call it the warm, gentle rain.

3 Likes

Dog Damn It! My pray simulator is down again…

3 Likes

Well done

1 Like

One of the odd things I have noticed about politicians is that they tend to believe that once they have said something, consequences will surely follow. Passing a law against X will immediately stop the problem of people doing X. Making a speech about Y will somehow stop or start people doing Y.
But if they are called out for inflammatory or hate speech, they then cite freedom of speech and suggest that the responsibility lies with the person doing, not the person talking.

Almost all of Matt. 23 applies here. It’s the chapter which is possibly more skirted-around by nominal Christians than any other.

4 Likes

I know, right? They get way into all the most hateful shit from the old testament, but totally ignore the new testament, which is, by and large, pretty good advice. (Except for Paul, who was a complete fucking asshole)

6 Likes

Thanks for inspiring me to look up “twitter message compressor” so that I could out it exists, because of course it does, and also find out that it sucks, so I can build a better one.

3 Likes

[too far OT, body removed]

4 Likes