GOP senator says Trump is awesome because he tells bigger lies than Putin

Republicans are constantly motivated, by their ignorance, by their fear, by their religion, by their bigotry, by their greed. So they just vote more. Once they win once, they lock it in, with gerrymandering and voter suppression, so it’s easier to win successive elections.

Meanwhile, Democrats just won’t vote unless they’re enthusiastic. And they only are enthusiastic in certain, precise times by certain, precise things. It’s like trying to get pandas to have sex. There are still Democrats who say that Hillary winning would have been worse than (or, at best, equivalent to) Trump winning. Personally, I would (and should) have been enthusiastic over a jar of mayonnaise, if that jar of mayonnaise were running in opposition to Trump (but Hellman’s not Miracle Whip, I hate Miracle Whip, better Trump than Miracle Whip).

5 Likes
2 Likes

Right, part of what I don’t get is how Rounds could look at what’s going on and think that Trump’s lying is a sign of strength in this case, when it’s clearly about subservience. Trump’s accepting and repeating Putin’s lies; he’s not being a super-Trump, he’s being a lesser-Putin. I don’t think Rounds has thought this through - his defense just points out Trump’s weakness.

Yeah, what he’s saying is gibberish, basically, but it’s some North Korea-level toadying, so his position in Trumplandia is secure.

I saw that and cringed, but it’s not like I had high expectations from them to begin with.

2 Likes

Both parties, when they re-take the Congress or the White House, think they have it made, and proceed to do stuff that pisses off the other side. It seems to me that neither party can think about the future of their party, and how to keep power for more than a couple of years. If either party were to try to appeal to moderate Americans, instead of giving a big middle finger to the other guys, they would stay in power for a long time, imho.

Please don’t make mistake of, in the name of “fairness”, saying that both parties are the same. They are not the same. The Democrats have never gone over the deep end in the way the Republicans have. Pretending they are the same enables the Republicans to rationalize what they are doing, and turns it into a sport where rooting for your side to win is fun and the only thing that matters.

But both sides are NOT playing by the same rules. The Republicans are completely destroying all the rules, buying the refs, repainting the lines, and using goons to bash the other team’s players. The Democrats were caught with their guard down, trying to play by the rules, not believing the extent to which the Republicans would trash the game.

2 Likes

I think the kompromat is more than just a pee tape. Trump would just lie and bluster his way out of that. Just claim it is fake and a Clinton product and the Infowars Fox screamathon would spin it from there.

Much more plausible at this point is a comprehensive dossier of massively criminal money laundering. The sort of thing that, if released into the wild would mean Trump and family will spend the rest of their lives as penniless inmates. A file so detailed, accurate and true that Trump can only fear it and do whatever he is told.

9 Likes

I’m not saying both are the same. I’m saying they do some similar things. It’s not the same thing at all.

Humans are humans. We are similar to each other. I have two legs. Hitler had two legs. That doesn’t make us the same.

This blog post is highly relevant: Hunting the Unicorn – to Extinction, by Jim Wright

Yeah. But not in cages. There are plenty of cells for that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.