Gov. Schwarzenegger gets vaccinated: "Come with me if you want to live"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/21/gov-schwarzenegger-gets-vaccinated-come-with-me-if-you-want-to-live.html

8 Likes

Nurse: Sir, as long as you’re here you may want to get that spot on your shoulder checked out.
Arnold: IT’S NOT A TUMOR!

17 Likes

I believe he just had heart surgery, but I am unsure.

2 Likes

is the nurse Sarah Connor, by chance?

5 Likes

Nurse: Remember to schedule your second shot.
Arnold: I’LL BE BACK

29 Likes

Arnold has been doing good work lately:

23 Likes

Here’s what happened immediately after. BIG PHARMA DOESN’T WANT YOU TO SEE!!!1!!!

21 Likes

This is great and all, but how is the Governator able to get his vaccine already? Wikipedia tells me Arnold is 73 and California is still on Phase 1a (health care workers and people in long-term care). Some counties are already vaccinating other people over 75, but shortages abound. My Mom is 78, but she hasn’t been able to get one yet. My wife qualifies for Phase 1b, but we can’t even get an estimate of when that might begin.

2 Likes

Thanks for the laugh! Tears are rolling down my cheeks!

1 Like

Just speculating, but I know that several places have had some higher-profile people get the vaccine publicly as a way to build trust. California has a lot of vaccine hesitancy.

It could also be a case of the rich jumping the queue. If that is the case, then at least he’s turned it into a PSA.

ETA: Also, if he just had surgery then he might be eligigble.

10 Likes

LA County opened up vaccinations to all people 65 and older last week:

13 Likes

i would take the vaccination in my EYEBALL if California would let me.
I’d even take the second round in my OTHER eyeball! :slight_smile:

Sadly, i’m a hard-working, tax-paying, boring middle-class civilian. I am in what? Tier 463, way WAY behind the people who SHOULD get it asap : Healthcare workers, teachers, emergency responders, elderly

— and the people who, well, yeah… prisoners, politicians, homeless, actors, recent immigrants of possibly shenanigans style legality, my dog, fictional TV characters…

I’m NOT a right winger - so please don’t misinterpret that. — I’m just average. If I was rich? I’d totally take the flight to Dubai, etc. … but im not.

Just average? in some other states - are getting it already.

With or without the shot? i still wear mask, wash super-frequently, and do my 100% best to reduce transmission in any way I can - as I go into work on a daily basis.

Lets hope we get a surge in vaccines, and get them coming…

That’s a leader right there.

3 Likes

I hope not.

sarah-connor-syringe

7 Likes

“Get to the Choppa! The Choppa Health Center, in Pacific Palisades, California for your vaccine today!” - Arnie.

3 Likes

Yup. I am a fairly useless almost 50-year-old. I will be waiting.

3 Likes

That is what sanity looks like.

I’m 37, and I’ve had pneumonia 3x and been in ER each time. AFAIK, my immune system is shot.

I have health insurance starting next month, but I have no idea when I can get vaccinated. I’m not going back to work until I am- because the people I worked with before I was laid off often refused to wear masks.

The people I know I’m going to go back to work with in my industry often think this is a hoax from what I have seen and I don’t trust them to not infect me because of their stupidity

3 Likes

Nope. Over 65 can get their shots as this week. He made this video this week.

I see @noah mentions this, too.

3 Likes

You rock, Arnold.

4 Likes

Widely misunderstood. She was actually trying to cure him of covid-19.

1 Like