Grand jury declines to indict two people accused of assaulting a man for wearing a MAGA hat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/06/grand-jury-declines-to-indict.html

7 Likes

In most cities around the world, you don’t have to go to 6 different bars late at night, insulting people, before someone will take you up on the invitation to go outside.

When it comes down to it, I wonder how much life insurance this guy has…

49 Likes

NEWS FLASH: Idiots Looking For Trouble Find Trouble.

Film at 11.

41 Likes

And that’s the day Lenzner’s name became “Christ, what an asshole!”

17 Likes

Yeah, at a certain point, you’re not just “wearing” fascist props, you’re brandishing them.

34 Likes

That was my takeaway as well. This asshole and his asshole wife had to go to multiple bars in one night to find the fight they were looking for the whole time.

I mean, honestly, Portland’s bar scene should be recognized for not giving this fucking chud the beating he was literally asking for a lot earlier:

44 Likes

Agenda?

1. Paint liberals as being the violent ones.
  2. Get beaten up so you can sue.
  3. 1 and 2
33 Likes

Redneck politics at their finest. He should go back to that dirty, crime infested country he came from - Oklahoma.

10 Likes

A page directly out of the Westboro Baptist handbook.

23 Likes

See also Andy Ngo:

22 Likes

So the beating was justified for:

1. Stolen valor bullshit (As an Army brat, I think anyone who fakes military service deserves a beating on principle and as a warning)
  2. Because he was trying to start a fight by doing more than wearing a hat
19 Likes

In NYC it might be difficult only because most bars are so loud that you can’t hear the asshole who is trying to provoke the fight. Plus only tourists wear those hats and the city is remarkably polite to people just passing through.

7 Likes

Not so much justified as, it turns out, the guy picked the fight and likely started the physical altercation by shoving someone. Once it was clear he had ZERO credibility as a witness, they just should have dropped the charges.

23 Likes

I don’t think she likes him very much.

I read this as “she wanted to see her husband get beat up”.

33 Likes

It really takes effort to have a criminal case so frivolous that a grand jury declines to indict. I think this was more or less going through the motions for the prosecutors.

13 Likes

Getting up in someone’s face and screaming at them is asking to be neutralized.

6 Likes

“Them’s fighting words.”

10 Likes

I can’t believe that Chief Wiggums was wrong again…

2 Likes

PTSD with a whiskey chaser.

1 Like

Fox News spends a lot of effort convincing its viewers that leftists feel this way about them. A huge part of their world-view is that those on the left are elitists who hate conservatives not because of political principles but because they’re backwards, low status or low-class.

I’m sure you’re not an elitist, but try to avoid being interpreted that way.

11 Likes