Grand jury declines to indict two people accused of assaulting a man for wearing a MAGA hat

Honey, let’s see what happens when we go to this bar in Dublin wearing a Union Jack cap. You know, as a political experiment.

Babe, wouldn’t it be cool if you put this confederate flag jacket on and we went to a bunch of bars in Harlem?

Hey Sweetie, I found this really authentic biker bar out on the highway–can you key one of their bikes before you go in while I film it so we can show everyone later for a huge laugh?

25 Likes

I don’t find this story any surprise at all. Much like the other stories of the conservative groups in Portland who have been inciting riots and then claiming they were the ones attacked, this is about par for the course.

14 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

18 Likes

I suspect it’s carried that meaning for years already.

2 Likes

I dunno. I have heard stories about women who like to see their SO’s fight, particularly if it is over their “honor” somehow. Sometimes picking the fight themselves so their man can step in.

I cannot say I personally know any women like this though.

5 Likes

Or, she fully supports him in being, literally, an asshat, thought him invulnerable, so thought it’d be great to see him beat up liberals.

5 Likes

And now it’s official. So he has that going for him. Which is nice.

3 Likes

Speech is protected. Violence is not. Deplore the speech, act to counter it in a peaceful manner, but when you throw the first punch, you’ve lost the moral high ground and tacitly demonstrated that your opinion amounts to a literal battle of the wills.

On a different note, battling stupid people is just stupid. This choad should have just been ignored, if for no other reason than that he is as entitled to his opinions as is anyone else and if you disagree with them…ignore them!

1 Like

He was ignored, again and again. He went to multiple bars intentionally provoking people because he was not content to be ignored, he wanted a fight. Eventually he succeeded. Congratulations, dipshit. Just don’t expect any sympathy.

19 Likes

Dangle a worm and sooner or later a hungry enough fish will bite. Doesn’t make the baiter legitimate, nor the biter correct. It’s just human nature, and we have to be exposed to the stupidity of it all because nascent noosphere.

Pardon me while I go pet my cat and listen to him purr while I reconsider (for the 17,812th time) why I seem to care about what stupid people do.

Be well, be whole, be at peace.

Steven

It certainly does hurt the baiter’s case in court if he’s trying to sue the fish.

10 Likes

The story clearly said that he called a woman a bitch, there was a verbal argument, then he shoved her companion.

He not only used his free speech for politics, he used his free speech for violence. He was the instigator, case dismissed.

Please read the story before you comment.

14 Likes

Nothing is going to happen to someone in the union jack hat in Dublin. Maybe a few dirty looks.

2 Likes

Belfast on the other hand…

1 Like

tumblr_inline_p4hkd8qv7U1u4z35y_500

7 Likes

He went to multiple bars in one night, and was yelling in people’s faces and being physically threatening if not physically assaultive the whole time, and all he got was that itty bitty shiner?

Yeah, you have to admire those people’s restraint.

9 Likes

So was he a plain baiter or a master baiter?

5 Likes

Yes. He’s lucky he did not get his face actually smashed in and now be dead. It could easily have gone much worse than it did. One punch with brass knuckles and it could have been over. Or a gun or knife. Clearly, he was not thinking it through.

2 Likes

Well, I mean he wore that hat so “thinking it through”… No.

4 Likes

His “Make America Great Again” hat made in China.

5 Likes