Grand Ouroboros Party

“Eight weeks from the election, and we still don’t have verifiable, tangible support for the crimes that everyone knows were committed,”

The Trumpist mindset in a nutshell.

9 Likes

For those who have made it clear nothing will stop them from clinging to his lies, these two lines always come to mind:

9 Likes

?

2 years ago, and he’s no longer the guv.

4 Likes

The Dawning of the Age of the Ouroboros Party.

I wonder if Walker’s actions have a direct bearing now on the state of the Ouroboros-ness in Wisconsin. I also wonder if “good governance” tools having emanated from the GOP (?!?!?) will be leveraged to the extent feasible by those who actually work for and actually want good governance.

7 Likes
10 Likes

They might attempt to repeat at the federal level today what they did at the state level yesterday. No election process, procedure, or result is valid to them unless a member of their party is declared the winner.

7 Likes

…and the seditious rats are scurrying for cover now. I hope someone saved a copy of the video described in this article as evidence:

8 Likes

At least the voices of reason are making progress in PA, but the GOP keeps going over the same ground:

10 Likes

Basically, Mitch McConnell’s wife’s family owns a shipping company, they found like 80 pounds of coke on one of their ships.
I’d strongly argue the nickname was highly unfair and that the culprits were likely low-level employees.

1 Like

17 Likes

All this talk (not here, but generally) about a split Republican party, but I don’t hear anything about the possibility of Trump starting a new party. I wonder if that’s even possible.

3 Likes

Very possible, but how effective? It is a cult of personality, and Il Douche is aged, but could well hand it down to Jr. Since he “loves” the NK leadership so much, maybe he aims to form his own hereditary leadership thingy.

7 Likes

He can do that, and hand power to the Democrats for the next 10-20 years. After that they will either have slid into obscurity or replaced the Republicans. The US seems very resistant to 3+ party politics.

5 Likes

It is resistant, but given the obstinacy and hugeness of Trump’s current following, I think he could quickly have a more successful third party than the US has seen in a century, or maybe forever. The Greens have managed to get what, 3% of a presidential vote? I imagine a Trump Steaks and Skyscrapers Party could get what, 10%? Maybe even 20? It’d be a good grift too, as well as a steady massage to his ego.

10 Likes

9 Likes

The GOP is working on the courts, which makes sense because they sue whenever their plans for control don’t work as expected. What’s left of the party isn’t likely to change this tactic:

9 Likes

In attempting to blot out QAnon voters, “traditional” GOP gerrymandering maps are going to look like something out of a random path generator:

8 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping, too. Either concentrate the Qs into as few districts as possible, the long play. OR, on the shorter term, dilute them into as many districts as possible so that they stay fringey in the other sense. I like Plan A first, though. Let all the Qholes live together on Q island, eating their own excrement.

4 Likes

Short of that, the Dems Voter’s Rights Act should deliver the GOP gerrymandering a rather sharp debilitating kidney-punch.

8 Likes