Grand Ouroboros Party

Freudian slip? I’m not for voter suppression, but I would like those votes blotted out.

1 Like

“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.” (erroneously – yet interestingly – attributed to Freud)

1 Like

Ceci n’est pas un cigare.

4 Likes

You needn’t be so blunt about it.

12 Likes

Or the moderate republicans can sign up with the Libertarians. They are mostly there, anyway.

6 Likes
7 Likes

They could do a swap. All the Nazi Libertarians can go to the Republicans, all the moderate Republicans can join the Libertarians.

4 Likes

From the article:

“I mean, violence is bad but this was nothing compared to Antifa rioting over the summer,” Pentagon reporter Kristina Wong argued. “Not even close,” Breitbart reporter John Binder agreed. “They burned entire cities to the ground. At most, these people broke windows.”

It frightens me that they truly think entire American cities got burned to the ground. And that they don’t realize there are very easy ways to verify or disprove that fact.

16 Likes

The one really spectacular fire, in Minneapolis, was apparently set by an agent provocateur

so that’s on them too

11 Likes

But who are they going to trust. Trump? or their own eyes?

8 Likes

Hmmm. Where would Rand Paul fit? /s

When you spit on facts that threaten your beliefs, how you get to them – easy or not – becomes academic. :pensive:

2 Likes

I wonder how many will make similar moves in the next few weeks? :thinking:

12 Likes

:eyes:

:eyes:

8 Likes

and yet they mostly voted for trump, so confusing.

this article about voters in wyoming is interesting. the paper at least is pushing the idea people voted for trump because of oil and gas, secondarily things like guns and abortion, and “violent” protests.

what boggles my mind about that last one is the biggest protests have all happened while trump was president - so they voted for trump then because they want more of the same?

there was one couple quoted at the end who said they voted for biden to help calm things down. that at least has some logical consistency

10 Likes

Heather Cox Richardson just focused on the latest contortions of the GOP eating itself. In part:

Other Republicans are running away from the party as it becomes a personality cult. More than 2000 Florida Republicans switched parties after January 6, and today former Representative David Jolly of Florida, a Republican who has criticized Trump, floated the idea of running for Congress as an independent. About 7500 Republicans switched parties in Arizona. In North Carolina, 6000 Republicans switched out. An ABC News/Washington Post poll from January 10-13 discovered that almost 70% of Americans said the Republican Party should move away from Trump.

But business Republicans still need Trump voters, and the Wall Street Journal today urged them back into the fold. It will not be an easy sell: they are now wedded to Trump, not the party, and his interests are in pressuring Republican senators not to convict him in his upcoming impeachment trial and in keeping his supporters loyal to whatever he decides to do next.

Republicans have a problem. As an aide to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Alayna Treene of Axios, “We’re eating sh*t for breakfast, lunch, and dinner right now.”

More:

13 Likes

How much more can this snake eat of itself?

https://thehill.com/homenews/politics-101/539779-almost-half-of-republicans-would-join-trump-party-poll

A Suffolk University-USA Today poll found that 46 percent of Republicans said they would abandon the GOP and join the Trump party if the former president decided to create one. Only 27 percent said they would stay with the GOP, with the remainder indicating they would be undecided. “We feel like Republicans don’t fight enough for us, and we all see Donald Trump fighting for us as hard as he can, every single day,” a Republican and small-business owner from Milwaukee told the newspaper. “But then you have establishment Republicans who just agree with establishment Democrats and everything, and they don’t ever push back.”

8 Likes

Glad to hear it’s almost but less than half. That’s pretty much perfect.

13 Likes

May that hungry snake never feel full.

8 Likes

How? Where? Surely even of you watch his propaganda channels you don’t see him working hard??

12 Likes