Grand Ouroboros Party

They don’t want him working hard. They want him to continue to spout the lies and BS that undermine democracy and weaken societal norms so that they can finish the job of turning the US into a white supremacist, Xtian, fascist dictatorship.

That isn’t work for him, per se. He just needs to continue to exist in his natural state of being as a racist, misogynistic, lying grifter.

9 Likes

That they equate tweeting all day and putting on a show every couple of months as working says a lot. They never understood how much work is involved in government, and they don’t care to find out. These are same folks who aren’t outraged at seeing their very well paid elected representatives (at the local, state, or federal levels) not showing up to vote, not attending sessions/meetings, or obviously not paying attention to the proceedings when they do bother to show up. :woman_shrugging:t4:

9 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t find it now, but this SO reminded me of an old interview with, I wanna say Eleanor Roosevelt, where she says, “you must always do your best. And sometimes, your best just isn’t very good, but you must still do it.”
I do think that what we saw from Trump was the best he could do, so when they say he was working as hard as he could, they aren’t really wrong. Just really pathetic.

7 Likes

It’s bananas that anyone in the GOP leadership actually thinks having Trump speaking at CPAC is a good idea. He’s never done anything to help the election prospects of any Republican other than himself and it doesn’t appear he intends to start now.

Don’t they have any evil-but-competent political operatives left who have enough sense to tell them that “Trump 2024” is an incredibly stupid idea to hang the future of their party on if they ever want to take power again?

6 Likes

Maybe they’re still mostly just afraid of losing the support of his (mostly rabid) supporters.

4 Likes

Those guys moved over to Lincoln Project, I believe.

2 Likes

one hope, beyond the party splintering into an unworkable mess, is that they’re so focused on bunkerboy that they forget about midterms entirely

his six-month covid-versery is almost here. there is ( or was at least ) a lot of health complications for previously hospitalized people at six-months so there’s that too

( speaking of. is cpac all in person? )

6 Likes

It looks like it is. And in Florida. And all except the gold and platinum packages are sold out ($7,500 and $15,000 respectively). So it should be packed.

5 Likes

that makes sense. at least flordia has the good sense not to politicize contact tracing and honest reporting about infections. /s

3 Likes

And it seems to be ending the same way too.

1 Like
11 Likes

He’s the turd that the ouroboros should expel, but just can’t.

Poor old constipated ouroboros.

4 Likes

I’m morbidly fascinated at the thought process of all these GOPers who are “disgusted” with Trump’s attempted coup because it was anti-democratic. The GOP has been almost entirely focused on voter suppression and disenfranchisement behind the scenes for decades. Trump did the same thing they’ve always been doing, just a lot faster. Representative democracy has not been a goal of the GOP for a very very long time.

Their real objection is that Trump said all the quiet parts loud and tipped their hand.

15 Likes

Trump is on the record now saying he will not be starting a new party. And why would he? He owns the GOP now, so splitting it only weakens his power. Here he is on record saying that there is no division in the party- “just some people who don’t like him”. That says it all. He couldn’t be king of the country, so he’ll be king-in-absentia of half of it.

9 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

10 Likes

I see @j9c has already linked to one story about this:

14 Likes

9 Likes