Grand Ouroboros Party

From the Do As We Say, Not As We Do Party, this California candidate (R) seems to have internalized the Ouroboros Memo:

10 Likes

Sheā€™s staying off message, so sheā€™ll be kicked off the team soon.

Republicans are generally very good at unifying their messaging, no matter how outrageously false, and sheā€™s just too honest about the Big Lie that the election was stolen.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/05/politics/liz-cheney-donald-trump-gop/index.html

12 Likes

Wait, they found some voter fraudā€¦

ā€¦just as most of us already suspected.

18 Likes

Oregon gets a lot of scrutiny every election cycle because Motor Voter, Auto Voter Registration, and especially Vote By Mail were pioneered here. GQP talks about voter fraud, but every damn time the final tally is, there were ~4 documented cases of voter fraud; none of the fraudulent votes were counted; and 3 or 4 out of 4 of the votes favored the GOP like the case in the Root article. Vote By Mail even eliminates most of the potential vote harvesting fraud that the GQP gets caught at so much. No wonder they hate it!

18 Likes

Zzzzzzing!

12 Likes

I still just cannot bring myself to sympathize with anybody named Cheney

10 Likes

Sympathize for her? No. She helped create the very political system that is now turning against her.

But we can still despair at the state of the country right now. My favorite response I saw was

14 Likes
7 Likes

On Thursday, over 100 former Republican leaders will drop a letter saying that if party leadership does not separate itself from former president Trump, they will start a third party. They are calling themselves the ā€œrationalsā€ against the ā€œradicals,ā€ and they include former governors and representatives, as well as Republican officeholders.

This revolt against the Trump loyalists in the Republican Party signals that, no matter what leadership is saying, many Republicansā€”including Republican lawmakersā€”are not, in fact, united behind the former president. After all, he never broke 50% approval when he was president, and he lost the White House and Congress for the party. And, now that he is locked out of Twitter and Facebook, it appears he can no longer command the audience he used to. In the week since he launched a new blog, it has attracted a little over 212,000 likes, shares, and comments. The top post got just 16,000 engagements.

10 Likes

Ever since prominent Republicans who were steadfastly anti-Trump flip flopped, Iā€™ve had the suspicion that they were convinced to do so by evidence of an existential compromise of the party that 45 held and could expose in a form of blackmail. Itā€™s his style. It also would explain why the self-serving opportunists that make up the bulk of the party would line up behind such a manifest loser.

I would not be surprised if this anti-Trump faction splits off after all and reveals the evidence themselves, probably related to foreign funding and influence of the GOP, while having obtained funding commitments themselves from the corporate and billionaire donors who have recently distanced themselves from the pro-Trump side of the party.

7 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t think that this would be the worst outcome for America. Sure it kicks the fascist football down the road aways, but thatā€™s time that a progressive movement could use to make some major strides.

5 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes

Iā€™ve always assumed blackmail, systemic too but mostly individual. Weā€™re talking about a bunch of mostly white men who have wielded a lot of power and influence: we can be pretty well assured that most of them have committed legal crimes and/or serious ethical breaches.

Itā€™s been interesting to me to see how few Republicans are able to stand up against it, because presumably theyā€™re the only ones who donā€™t have to worry about being blackmailed. In other words, there ARE ethical Republicans, just not very many.

8 Likes

I always enjoy Wonketteā€™s take on things.

6 Likes

Form a third party? Them?
Iā€™ll believe it when I see it, and not a minute before that.

11 Likes

ETA:

2 Likes

Or, itā€™s the glands

1 Like
12 Likes

Maybe thereā€™s hope yet

6 Likes