Grand Ouroboros Party

2 Likes
19 Likes

aww, shucks!
try your fascist takeover somewhere else, Texas Repugs!

oh, and as always - stay classy, Texas

9 Likes
11 Likes

Trump is the bus, and it’s never late!

9 Likes
14 Likes

Ghouliani Got Ghosted.
let this be a cautionary tale to those sycophants who believe they can ride the tRump train and not be thrown under the wheels when it suits him.

oh, who am I kidding?! they won’t learn a thing from this very real example.
everything tRump touches, dies

9 Likes
13 Likes

Goodbye GIF

11 Likes

The virus is really racking them up this week.

15 Likes

rack 'em and stack 'em.

“that’s all I have to say about that”.

8 Likes

5 Likes

So I learned from that article that Valentine was apparently part of trend of conservatives opting to take the anti-parasite medication ivermectin instead of the vaccine that is actually effective at protecting people from Covid-19.

Ivermectin is a livestock medication not approved for human use.

I wonder if this is what they think “herd immunity” means.

16 Likes

The specific sources of ivermectin that most of these people are getting is the livestock-grade stuff that isn’t intended for humans, but ivermectin is a FDA approved drug that’s typically used in humans to treat certain types of parasitic infections. If prescribed by a doctor and taken in the correct dosage it’s not particularly harmful, but sucking down a tube of the horse-grade stuff like these guys seem to be doing is definitely not smart.

12 Likes

My mistake. I do like the FDA’s response to the trend though.

22 Likes

The problem is, it’s definitely not indicated for COVID (or any other viral infection, for that matter) and these are the same tools who blather on about the vaccines being “experimental” or “not fully FDA-approved.”

13 Likes

ANTI-VAXXERS: There’s no way I’ll take that vaccine, even the FDA hasn’t said it’s safe!

FDA: Oh we’d very much like you to get the vaccine. The thing about not being “FDA Approved” is actually just a popular misunderstanding about how our formal approval process wor—

ANTI-VAXXERS: …so I’m just going to treat myself with a bunch of horse-grade deworming meds instead.

FDA: Wait what are you doing SWEET JESUS NO

18 Likes

It’s also a neurotoxin with a very narrow therapeutic window and significant, serious side effects. Sucking down livestock-grade ivermectin is just incredibly stupid.

@DukeTrout
I read an amazing statement trying to justify this application by pointing out that “all viruses are parasites, therefore…” :man_facepalming:

12 Likes

Well heck, last thing we need is smart cows walkin’ around, doc!
Anyone who’s lookin’ to eat 'em doesn’t want that kinda hassle.

still stickin’ with bein’ a vegnik, thanks; they don’t fight back as much

8 Likes

I picked blackberries last weekend and still have the scrapes to prove otherwise! :wink:

Truly a self-own, because that’s not even accurate, biologically.

10 Likes