Grand Ouroboros Party

“I’ve been doing my own research.”

:roll_eyes:

I think we need to retool the “honey badger don’t give a shit” meme to now show a giant brightly painted virus piñata that doesn’t give a shit.

7 Likes

This would apply to pretty much every BS argument put forth, so I’m not certain they care about that aspect.

6 Likes

I am unsure where to post this, maybe it goes here?

11 Likes

To be fair, I have friends who do actually do their own research. One has a mass spec at home; another has a sequencer. But I don’t think that’s what we’re talking about here…

14 Likes

Here seems fine to me.

That’s definitely an example of the GOP death cult eating its own/itself.

7 Likes
14 Likes

O to have such fantastic gear at my beck and call… [sigh, drool] Yeah, I should have written that phrase is in alternating upper and lower case, because it was meant to be a pull-quote from the crowd that not only has zero access to a mass spectrometer and a DNA sequencer but wouldn’t possess the training to run those nor respect the data that those things can yield.

Good friends to have.
Would totally shorten my tree-planting quandary of which dioecious fruit trees are male, female, or both (like papaya).

10 Likes

Ha, Rudy can’t even keep the 22-year-old interns on staff anymore.

11 Likes

Agree with @milliefink and also been seeing a lot of similar stories on the continuing coronavirus thread. Seems to be a LOT of overlap between these two.
I wonder why that is??? /s

7 Likes

Getting pawed over by Rudy isn’t the plum assignment it once was. Maybe her replacement, Todd won’t get chased around the conference room table as much.

1 Like
9 Likes

I thought of a good response if we encounter this statement in the Wild:

“Cool! Are you sequencing the SARS-Cov-2 samples with an Illumina MiSeq or the Thermo Fisher IonTorrent?”

15 Likes

[quote=“DukeTrout, post:192, topic:186660”]
“Cool! Are you sequencing the SARS-Cov-2 samples with an Illumina MiSeq he Thermo Fisher IonTorrent?”[/quote]

Well, sounds like someone is in the back pocket of Big Scientific Method! /s

12 Likes

Aha! Stealing that!

Wish I’d somehow been able to hang on to the old HP gas chromatograph from my dad’s lab. It was liquidated (everything that could be, was) to pay his bills at the nursing home.

Back on topic:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/30/politics/covid-19-deaths-conservative-radio/index.html

10 Likes

Was it an old 1100? Those things run forever!

4 Likes

“Where did you get the SARS-Cov-2 samples to study? Oh, wait…is that why you aren’t wearing a mask?”

11 Likes

5800 series. Maybe the 5890?

Ye gods there’s a compilation on the web… I suppose it had to happen sometime, but: ouch.

5 Likes

Has anyone tried just straight-up paying off Rudy to publicly renounce Trump and spill the beans on his whole administration? In his current state I think we could get him to flip for 20 bucks and a sandwich.

16 Likes

One of the BB authors posted this about a day ago. The bbs comments (I think they were up around 100 by then) are now totally gone - scorched earth approach. That prolly tells you all you need to know…

8 Likes

Or a nice peppery lobster bisque. :grimacing:

2 Likes