you are more generous than I.

5 Likes

I didn’t say I was praying for a speedy recovery. :wink:

7 Likes

But hey, fundraiser fodder, amirite?

ETA:

Nice bit from local-to-the-scene news outlet:

14 Likes

I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised it turned out the way that it did. (Or maybe not, that they’d fuckup a fuckup?)

4 Likes

The conspiracy goes deeper than anyone realized. The Cyber Ninjas were a part of it from the beginning… and I can’t keep a straight face typing this.

5 Likes
19 Likes

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

14 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes

Yummy ouroborosness:

Liz Cheney’s stand against McCarthy and Trump is not hurting her politically at home: she has raised more than $5 million for her reelection, compared to the $300,000 raised in the last two months or so by her Trump-backed opponent.

There is an important story behind McCarthy’s attack on Representative Cheney. She presents a threat to the pro-Trump Republican Party not simply because she is standing strong against the former president and the attack on our democracy.

She is offering to women and men in the suburbs a reasonable alternative to those pro-Trump representatives like Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Lauren Boebert (R-CO) whose pistol packing and aggression gets attention for all the wrong reasons. Trump Republicans have lost the support of suburban women, and Cheney seems to be picking them up and explaining that Trump and his supporters, including McCarthy, tried to destroy our democracy. That McCarthy felt it necessary to try to undercut her this way suggests they see her as a major threat.

More at:

13 Likes

ouroborous? :white_check_mark:
GOP? :white_check_mark:

… “bought” using money that came from lord knows where?

GOP? sorta-ish?

GOP? :white_check_mark:

man, that Twitter account is a parallel universe to the thread here

and

https://twitter.com/ConSelfOwns

11 Likes
8 Likes

“I never thought I would eat my own face,” sobs the face-eating leopard as it devours itself.

11 Likes
8 Likes

recap bachelorette GIF

14 Likes

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/581882-jarring-gop-divisions-come-back-into-spotlight

That jarring contrast was on display during a bizarre closed-door GOP conference meeting on Tuesday that highlighted the deep divisions that continue to exist between the pro-Trump and anti-Trump factions of the party, 10 months after the deadly Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol.

The divisions do not appear to be narrowing, either, pointing to the challenges the GOP could face in governing the House if they are successful in taking back the majority in next fall’s midterms.

In the private meeting in the Capitol basement, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) warned his rank-and-file Republicans that they need to stick together and stay unified — not attack each other — as they focus on defeating Democrats, sources in the room said.

7 Likes