Grant Imahara dead at 49

Not only does it suck major that he’s gone but I just found out he’s my same age. How the hell did that happen?

9 Likes

Thanks 2020!

6 Likes

I had a friend who died of an aneurism at 30, so it does just happen. That said, COVID19 can cause brain damage of varying sorts, so conceivably that might have been a factor. It is terribly sad either way.

13 Likes

Heartbreaking. I saw the first few posts on Twitter and I was absolutely stunned. He seemed forever youthful and creative.

5 Likes

I just can’t take anymore bad news like this I want to crawl under a rock and come out after the end of the year.

This is incredibly sad I really think he epitomized the fact that you could be a nerd and more cool than any stereotype of it.

5 Likes

What a major bummer.

3 Likes

Damn. May his memory be a blessing.

5 Likes

You will be missed Grant… I loved seeing you in Mythbusters!

6 Likes

Damn, I hadn’t heard about her.

39 is a tragically young age to die, but heck if “death by jet car crash” isn’t a totally on-brand way for a Mythbuster to go. She was living her true self.

Cheers and good travels to both.

20 Likes

Definitely it’s quite a way to go. Sucks at the end of the day but at least it was in a moment of pursuing what she loved. Grant Imahara’s death was seemingly random and that must be really hard to process for those that knew him. I’ll miss them both dearly but at least i take comfort knowing that the things they accomplished inspired others to do and make cool things.

7 Likes

I had so much fun just watching Grant Imahara have fun. Rest in power, Grant! You made me smile every time I saw you.

9 Likes

This one hurt.

5 Likes

7 Likes

He was 49? I assumed he was younger than me, he looked so youthful.

RiP, Mr Imahara.

3 Likes

Horrible to think that this random, senseless death can happen to anyone at any time with no warning whatsoever.

Unless they’re a bad person. It’s always, always good people, who will be missed. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yannow, I’m really starting to get tired of 2020. Could whoever’s running this simulation please reset it back about 20 years?

3 Likes
12 Likes
4 Likes

Bring tissues; From the looks on Adam’s face at various times, he’s doing a heroic job of not breaking down on camera.

Grant will be missed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.