Grant Imahara dead at 49

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/14/grant-imahara-dead-at-49.html

22 Likes

Oh, no…

17 Likes

That’s shocking, i wonder what happened :frowning: That’s two former Mythbusters hosts that have passed away, the other being Jesse Combs last year in August.

14 Likes

7 Likes

This is incredibly sad news… He seemed like such a great guy.

37 Likes

i hate this timeline so much.

40 Likes

This is a cover story. He obviously invented a time machine to escape 2020!

15 Likes

Damn! He was such a fixture in the maker-movement. He will be missed.

19 Likes

I’m sad. He’s also a Whovian and guest started BBC America show after Doctor Who 50th Anniversary movie “Day of the Doctor”.

Press F to Respect 100%!

17 Likes

Other news reports indicate that it may have been an aneurism. :frowning:

2 Likes
7 Likes

Oh no!

5 Likes

That was my first thought, this timeline is just the absolute worse. My Twitter feed was filled this morning with tributes to him; he touched a lot of folks lives. I loved watching his videos since he seemed to love his work so much, his enthusiasm was obvious and contagious. What a loss for all who knew him.

8 Likes

Whatever it was it was certainly a huge loss. My heart goes out to his loved ones.

8 Likes

That show was so fantastic, and Grant was a big part of why. He’s going to be missed very much, and I do indeed send my best thoughts to his family today.

14 Likes

I loved his builds on the show. Of course the best were spring-loaded long swinging sharp things and he was always surprised how violent and successful they were.

He lived the dream. RIP.

18 Likes

This year just won’t quit sucking, will it?

RIP Grant, thanks for the entertainment and inspiration.

13 Likes

At least we’ll still have all the kids he inspired.

15 Likes

This news is such a bummer. Rest In Peace and thanks for all the great, intelligent entertainment.

2020 can F all the way off.

11 Likes

Dammit, I hate you, 2020.

21 Likes