Grass-fed beef bars for travel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/02/grass-fed-beef-bars-for-travel.html

6 Likes

But do they work well in Jell-O salad :question:

2 Likes

May I interest you in a bouquet of meat jerky?

the-manly-man-company-beef-jerky-flower-bouquet-30778165011_2048x2048

9 Likes

What a strange title. I couldn’t work it out before reading the article. Was it about regulations that hinder the travel of grass-fed beef? Some sort of trend where one travels to “beef bars” (whatever those are) while traveling? Even the actual meaning is weird because I have never heard of meat being sold as bars.

6 Likes

As well as anything.

2 Likes

You should see how they feed the grass to the beef bars - it’s ingenious!

14 Likes

This brings up a good topic. What are decent low carb “snack” foods that aren’t just a packet of nuts or jerky. Most of what I’m used to thinking of as snacks are mostly carbs…

1 Like

I had the same trouble having read the title in the BBS without visiting the post first.

My guess was that there was some sort of food van / pop-up that traveled around serving grass-fed beef to interest people.

2 Likes

Tanka bars are also really good, filling, and delicious. They do have a small amount of sugar in the dried cranberries, but are fairly low in carbs nevertheless. They also support Native economic growth, and use grass fed, prairie restoring, bison meat. There are a lot of brands in their category now, but they’ve been doing this a long time, and their products are great.

4 Likes

Little over $25.00 US Dollars a pound?

This may come as a shocking surprise, but different editors at BoingBoing value different things. There is no monolithic editorial policy. Complaints should be addressed to the Blogger Ethics Board.

4 Likes

I’ve been enjoying parmesan chips to replace good ol’ wheat crackers. All cheese, flavorful but not carby.

3 Likes

Also dehydrated kale chips.

1 Like

Almonds are sold in most airport sundry stores.

Ah, yes. I’ve had some that were ok, but I think that was because they had enough crispness, oil and salt to make up for the kale :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is in realm of reason for Beef Jerky (which this is despite what they say).

1 Like

Too much cheddar for the jerky…

I’m eating Cheddar and Jerky right now!

2 Likes

This is not a topic to discuss BB editorial policy. You are welcome to start your own topic on whether or not BB should only cover vegan products, but this is not it.

1 Like

Out of state gay bars for stoners?

3 Likes