Gregory Cheadle, Trump's 'my African American,' is fed up with Donald and leaving Republican party

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/12/gregory-cheadle-trumps-my.html

7 Likes

Did he finally figure it out? Or did the checks stop coming?

42 Likes

What a hero
/sarc

26 Likes

“Crap… that was the last one we had!”

82 Likes

Better late than never?
Anyway, good for him.

13 Likes

It can be nice to be something.
I guess he decided not to be that anymore.

6 Likes

Don’t they still have the Pizza Guy with the childish economic plans?

8 Likes

I don’t get people like this. If one has the awareness to recognize the reality, how the fuck did it take this long to figure it out, when it was obvious for the last 50 years?

Something new must have happened. It certainly wasn’t a change in the party or Trump, and I can’t believe it took his entire life to figure out the nature of the modern Republican party.

Also don’t forget Zirconia and Rayon.

19 Likes

I always find it interesting that when people who turn on this guy, turn really hard and fast…like you can get hurt making a 180 like that.

8 Likes

herman-cain-smile

28 Likes

‘I never thought leopards would eat MY face,’ sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party.

58 Likes

All these people “supporting” Trump specifically for some political/economic advantage* hate the guy, or at least are disgusted with themselves for supporting him. So when they don’t end up getting anything out of compromising themselves, all that’s left is the hate.

*As opposed to most of his supporters who are in it for the racism.

21 Likes

Road to Damascus moment?

5 Likes

Sometimes blindness can be miraculously cured.

22 Likes

His forth coming book should do well…

tumblr_ox5prpzBt21qbfap9o1_500

15 Likes

Watching that clip of Trump again – I made it about halfway, to where he was starting to denigrate Hillary – made me remember how horribly cringeworthy a creature he’s always been.

So. Gregory was that guy at that rally, hearing that… shit sluicing from Trump’s orange gob, and it took him until now, three years later, to realize what kind of person Trump is? And that the party that would elect someone like Trump to office, and work to keep him there, doesn’t have his best interests in mind?

As @FGD135 said, better late than never, I guess.

29 Likes

Stay woke, Mr. Cheadle.

5 Likes

Cheadle: [After ringing doorbell] Hi! I’m here!

Those of us at the kinds of parties I attend: Oh! You’re here! [Looks over collective shoulder] There might still be something to drink. Come on in.

7 Likes

What was it that finally drove him to this conclusion? Because it seems like it’s been pretty obvious to me for as long as I’ve been alive.

I just want to be like, “THIS ISN’T ANYTHING NEW!” Seriously… Trump basically ran on “I’m a rich white guy, listen to me!” as his platform.

17 Likes

shocked

3 Likes