Gregory Cheadle, Trump's 'my African American,' is fed up with Donald and leaving Republican party

I really wonder how good one must be at one’s brokerage job if it takes this fucking long to figure out that Trump is vehemently anti-POC?

15 Likes

I’m not sure he’s so woke if it took him this many years to start seeing what he’s been supporting. More likely, something poked him in the eye through that veil of denial.

7 Likes

When people talk about Trump supporters, they frequently use terms like “brainwashed” and “cult” to describe them. It’s simpler than that, if you ask me: Trump and his people don’t have the ability to admit error. When you can’t admit error, you enter a powerful fantasy realm that blots out mere reality.

Mr. Cheadle: “President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme.”

General Roth’h’ar Sarris: “Explain as you would to a child.”

Mr. Cheadle: “I was wrong.”

15 Likes

one more awoken soul unfortunately millions left

I mean really, wtf are we going to do if he wins electoral college for 4 more years? it’s the people putting him in power that are the problem, how do we solve that?

1 Like

Stay poked, Mr. Cheadle.

5 Likes

I have an acquaintance who is a strange genius with Linux computers coming by this weekend to help me setup Debian.

He happens to be black, and last I checked, he also supports Trump full force.

The guy is an enigma to me and I might ask him if he still supports him, I haven’t asked in 3 years, and I’d love to hear what his argument still is

5 Likes

Who knew Trumpists don’t actually respect or care about their kapos? /s

14 Likes

Token finally sees the light? Oh, joy.

Too little, too late; all dude’s bridges are already burnt.

19 Likes

I regret I have but one like to give, good sir.

The Stars Our Destination is one of my favorite books of all time (as I am sure I’ve gushed to you before). I have dreamt of jaunting… and flying, so all those comics as a kid had an effect. Affect?

4 Likes

Still, better to be universally despised than remain a useful idiot for the fascists.

12 Likes

Thank you, and I know those feels well.

Either would be work, depending on the intended nuance. Effect generally denotes causing something, while affect generally emphasizes changing something.

And yep, Alfred Bester’s writing is almost Wagnerian to my ear.

4 Likes

Cold comfort, I suppose; you know the old quote by Julius Goat, all too well.

7 Likes

President Trump is a rich guy who is mired in white privilege to the extreme,” said Cheadle, of Redding, Calif., who switched from being an independent to a Republican in 2001. “Republicans are too sheepish to call him out on anything and they are afraid of losing their positions and losing any power themselves.”

Bold 1: After initially saying he was proud to be “noticed by” Trump (based on the ‘my african’ comment), then seeing the general feedback, now he’s stamping Trump with ‘white privilege’… yet still won’t call him a racist?

Bold 2: Explains his political trajectory just before reaching the ‘white privilege’ point.

3 Likes

Debris – blown about by the political wind – poked him in the eye. But once that direction changes…

I’d wait until he’s done with the setup… and then ask him. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

So now I have an image in my head of Ben Carson, in his den, drink in hand, muttering “There can be only one”

13 Likes

We can be sure that Trump will fire him tomorrow.

From something.

3 Likes

Wh…
Fed up with-
Mired in white pri-
What the fuck has changed since 2016?!

4 Likes

Baddies

6 Likes

Maybe he got tired of being referred to in slave terms by Trump, as being “his.” I’m so tired of him that I’m tired of being tired. I’m slipping into third order fatigue.

5 Likes

That’s a little to close to the following for my comfort. The whole video is awesome.