Grimes sues Elon Musk

Serious question, how do/will these kids fill their names out on forms? I guess for most things it is just first and last name, and one would rarely fill in the rest under middle? What about, X Æ A-12 ? I am thinking forms like the ones with the boxes you had to fill in for standardized tests or tax forms, etc. Or entering a government form online where you need the full name. Is it able to even process the Æ character? Will the forms allow numbers in the name area? I set up variable print items, and a lot of times the client will want us to make it so you can only enter numbers or letters, (name only letters, phone only numbers).

I did have a friend who was Greek and his last name was literally like 30 letters long. He told me with those kinds of official forms he would just fill out as long as he could.

I am a huge fan of Æon Flux, and a huge nerd who would not be above naming my kid nerdy things (though we decided to use names from our grandmothers), so I could actually see my self using the Æ character, but there is also the practically when you use non standard letter and numbers. But maybe it is more common that I know. I imagine someone is named R2-D2 out there. And is Æ more common in some European countries, where systems are set up to recognize it?

Anyway - good luck with the rights battle.

Obligatory nerd named character.

7 Likes

20 posts were split to a new topic: Surrogacy

Pffft! Forms? They are for ordinary people.

The billionaire class don’t have to deal with bureaucracy, Fundamentally bureaucracy is there to see people get treated fairly and equally. Billionaires don’t have to deal with that impetus. They pay it away.

If treatment isn’t special and unfair, they don’t get it.

12 Likes

I mean, let’s not jump to conclusions. Grimes may have a medical condition where another pregnancy may be a danger to her or the baby. There are 101 reasons people choose surrogacy. And there are 101 reasons to judge Musk, but surrogacy shouldn’t be one of them.

19 Likes

I suspect the first form they’ll be filling in is the change of name form.

9 Likes

The kid’s nickname is a reference to Elon Musk’s birthdate?
What better way to say “you only exist/matter inasmuch as you relate to me!”

12 Likes

Unless he sees surrogacy as a way to have children with a supposedly genetically superior partner while transferring the tedious and risky business of childbearing to expendable human incubators.

10 Likes

…not the most important point here, but they called a son X and a daughter Y? Not the other way around? That’s just… poor planning

5 Likes

Remember back when Michael Jackson was the “he’s so weird” guy? Good times…

7 Likes

I guess that, when papa is richer than Croesus, you will not be required to fill out many forms; though maybe they could make the effort when visiting papa in the big house.

@robertmckenna

13 Likes

Alexa, show me Small Dick Energy.

15 Likes

Seriously? The man is a parody of himself.

8 Likes

I wonder how many times he’s pulled a gun on some one when he’s in “demon mode” though. Must be fun to live in a house like that, not that I would know anything about that!

12 Likes

I see he’s already preparing for his urine-storing phase.

7 Likes

Knowing his birthdate is the same has sort of ruined mine too. At least I got to use the date before him, and so did my paternal grandmother.

8 Likes

That’s NOT what this conversation is about though; that’s what you are attempting to turn it into.

8 Likes

Start your OWN post then, if that’s the subject you wish to discuss.

Here, you are WAY OFF TOPIC.

8 Likes

Remember back when Michael Jackson Prince was the “he’s so weird” guy? Good times…

Sleep well, sweet Prince.

7 Likes

Eye Wish U Heaven.

7 Likes

Prince was a little weird, but in such a good way. I never got the feeling he was making anyone else unhappy by it, although I guess I don’t know anything at all about his personal life. I miss the dude.

7 Likes