Grocer offers stoneless avocados to avoid 'avocado hand'

When the second ticked box came to me, I kind of started going for it deliberately.

EDIT: Because in a weird way, I really care about how we treat plants (which are also alive and are providing us with absolutely essential services) with complete moral abandon.

4 Likes

19 Likes

I kinda wish you’d figured out a way to work DRM and glass spiral blunts into your post, too.

12 Likes

I mostly see marketing tutorials and business social media suits.

2 Likes

Something something something genomic patents.

Get your cheap breakable stocking stuffers today and save 10%!

(Am I doing this right?)

6 Likes

Sounds pretty normal to me. Boil 3 to 6 minutes (depending of weight, temperature and taste) and get an boiled egg that had runny yolk and very soft egg white.

2 Likes

Something something Hitler.

7 Likes

9 Likes

And you eat this egg out of its shell with a spoon? Aside from the whole problem of holding and eating a runny egg, how small is your spoon? I don’t have any spoons that would fit in an egg that aren’t intended for feeding yogurt to a baby.

2 Likes

Nazi banners, the predecessors of vertical video.

Just look at it!

6 Likes

I read that as Nazi bananers. Re-read it like 3 times.

9 Likes

So, with the Republican tax cuts, millennials will be able to waste their money on stoneless avocado toast. The best invention to go with sliced bread! :grinning:

2 Likes

What the hell is that? That’s so dangerous and labour intensive; Dude, just slice the top off the fruit, and then squish the guts out by pressing it against a cutting board with your palm.

1 Like

Really? Is the egg cup an alien concept?

Standard teaspoon.

Again, I’m not being sarcastic: I really don’t understand the confusion. “If you are near a Marks & Spencer store, they will have them available throughout the month of December for £2/pack” seems a perfectly straightforward statement to me!
Was it the suggestion that avacados come in a pack? That’s just these stoneless ones, which are apparently much smaller than the standard variety.

If I’d quibble with anything, it’s that M&S isn’t really a ‘supermarket’ chain - it’s a clothes retailer which has diversified into selling packaged ‘premium’ food and drink, but few other non-food groceries. It’d be possible to do a family’s weekly food shopping there, but rather unlikely - it’s far too expensive and not packaged in the right sort of units. One wouldn’t exactly go around a M&S with a shopping trolley.

4 Likes

4: do not be drunk whilst doing so

4 Likes

If you’re so drunk that you miss the avocado entirely then you probably shouldn’t be in the kitchen in the first place.

9 Likes

I have heard of egg cups, but I’ve never seen anybody use one, IRL or in media. I’ve only ever heard of people using the egg cup to dip toast soldiers into the egg. When you eat this enormous egg that you can somehow fit a teaspoon into (seriously, this seems like using a garden shovel to empty out an ice cream bucket to me), do you just leave like 30% of the egg sticking to the shell? Or do you peel away the shell as you go down, leaving a mess of eggy-shell bits all over?

The main suggestion is that the per-pack unit is completely arbitrary and useless because there’s no indication of how many there are in a pack. What good is a value if you have no idea what you are getting for it? You might as well say that wood is $5.

4 Likes

17 Likes

Came here to mention margaritas. My guess is tequila, not the pit, is at the heart of most avocado related maiming incidents.

5 Likes

Or use basic knife safety. Don’t cut towards yourself! It is not hard.

Other options:

Pitting it with a spoon
Butterknife
Outsource to roommate/spouse

6 Likes