Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is the first Marvel movie to drop an F-Bomb

Originally published at: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is the first Marvel movie to drop an F-Bomb | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Uh, can you say Deadpool? Discuss.

6 Likes

How do all of the “news” blogs get paid for this ad? Is it the Twitter click?

If you want to get nitpicky it’s “the first movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to drop an F-bomb that wasn’t interrupted by a quick cut to the closing credits (Aunt May) or by the person saying it turning into dust (Nick Fury),”

7 Likes

10 Likes

You mean they won’t pronounce it “#@%&!”?

3 Likes

i really hope this is not the most exciting thing that happens in this movie.

4 Likes

Eternals bombed because it should have been a Disney+ series that they instead tried to make into a movie. 1.5 hours of exposition with a tiny bit of action that made zero sense just didn’t work.

I’ve yet to see Ant Man, but betting it bombed because AntMan was a series of heist movies that they instead changed to a hard sci-fi. I mean, do you want to watch Transformers: Optimus Sends His Expense Report? Genre shifts are fun sometimes, but gotta have the right hit.

4 Likes

From what I know about it there was a shift in tone and genre for the third installment, but I don’t think that “hard sci-fi” is really the right way to describe any of the movies in the Ant-Man franchise. Scientific rigor is not what Marvel is known for. And the writers basically explicitly admit to that:

2306686b-cd37-4a02-bae9-eec389b67d23_text

2 Likes

I mean, if everyone who watches it watches all the other MCU movies in order as intended beforehand, they’ll definitely be in their late teens by the time they get to this one.

2 Likes

A to Z of Fictional Characters - Page 119 - Forum Games - MLP Forums

3 Likes

Oh, that one’s already been made …

Text:
All My Circuits: The Movie
A fight has broken out in the special effects warehouse, but should Calculon race to the lasergun battle in a hover Ferrari or double check his paperwork? You choose what happens next.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.