Guess what crime ‘How to Murder Your Husband’ writer was just charged with

And the so-called special effects! have you seen Casablanca? That’s just an unwatchable mess, especially the scene when the plane takes off. Classic my muscular buttocks.

3 Likes

So poison is too traceable; but personally carrying out a shooting is a good plan? I think someone may failed to think this one through.

4 Likes

if she beats the rap she can write for cracked

2 Likes

I think you posed a great question and you should totally ask it. On the infinite tree of possible conversations spread out before us, I think that’s definitely the most promising branch.

Is … is that supposed to be a joke? Are you making light of someone profiting from their crime? Are you being deliberately offensive, or am I just looking for something to be offended by?

Truly, these are questions for the ages.

7 Likes

it’s a dig at cracked, she wouldn’t be profiting from her crime since the skills are related to lazily rehashing content not murdering :slight_smile:

Dude, this is real easy, you’re making it into something bigger than it is.

He has asked you not to @ him or :heart: him. That’s it. Post in any thread you want, as often as you want. Just don’t @ him. Honouring that request is a requirement of the forum, and there are more than a few folks who’re doing it right now. You don’t have to agree with it, you just have to do it. Requesting that someone not @ or :heart: them is not rules lawyering (which, incidentally, is against the terms of use)

10 Likes

Feel free to flag any posts you have specific issues with.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I sympathize with wanting a no-mention request honored, I also understand that this may make participating in the forum difficult. I have a hard time remembering names so I would have a really hard time being able to keep track of a no-@ request.

Maybe we need a feature for this? A option to get reminded about not mentioning someone? The person requesting this should be able to instead of ban someone request a :no_entry_sign: + @ from a user.

Then next time the mentioner is about to mention someone they get a stern warning not to mention, and maybe there is a option to ignore that warning but then the system will not notify the person being mentioned?

1 Like

:notes:
but I shot a man in Reno his kitchen
just to watch him die
:notes:

A few years back, my wife entered NaNoWriMo with an idea to write a romance-novel type story about a young suburbanite widow who finds love through community service. Of course, for the protagonist to be a widow, my wife had to kill the husband off. She chose something that was frighteningly plausible for our circumstances.

Should I be worried?

2 Likes

When was the last time you brought her flowers?

4 Likes

“…and unlawful use of a weapon in the death of her husband.”

Is there a lawful use of a weapon in a persons death? I guess in self defense, but it seems like an odd thing to single out.

“If you had stuck a cruller down his throat and held it there until he choked to death, you would be fine. As it is, you brought a gun to a pastry fight…”

2 Likes

If you really want irony in this case, look forward to an all-female jury convicting on the basis of (approximately) disproving a well-worn feminist trope:

(technically cooking, and at work rather than home, but close enough for discomfort)

1 Like

Yeah, any degrees of separation between murderer and victim, the cops have a hard time of it. A friend-of-a-friend was murdered, and the cops nearly didn’t catch the killer because he was the estranged husband of one of her housemates (who delusionally blamed the victim for his wife not wanting to get back together with him). The cops spent a lot of time looking at all the men in the victim’s life, to the point of trying to invent some.
I’m amazed that cops catch any serial killers at all, even if it mostly does seem to be by accident. If the killer targets some marginalized people, they basically get away with it forever, unless they’re caught in the act or arrested for something else. With DNA evidence, they can link up all these unsolved cases and realize they have a serial killer and increasingly, with DNA databases, even figure out who it might be. But when bodies are kept hidden long enough for DNA to be lost, killers get away with it - especially if sufficiently marginalized groups are the victims, where cops often don’t even bother to investigate. (The number of cases I read about, where a few of someone’s bones are found in the woods, and the cops write it off as ‘natural causes’ is kind of shocking.) I’m pretty sure there are a lot of killers, serial and otherwise, running around without even being officially counted as such.

5 Likes