Woman who wrote book about grief following husband's death murdered him, say prosecutors

Originally published at: Woman who wrote book about grief following husband's death murdered him, say prosecutors | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Some people will do anything to get on the NYT bestseller list.

3 Likes

I have the feeling that, if she did it, she already drafted the book in her head before killing him.

12 Likes

Wow, that’s awful. This sounds like the plot to an Agatha Christie novel.

9 Likes

FFS, those poor children; potentially losing both parents and ending up in social care.

16 Likes

FWIW, I don’t think the book did very well. You can’t get it on Amazon (anymore?) but on goodreads it had maybe 13 reviews prior to the murder charges making the news.

2 Likes

Police became suspicious when it was discovered that she had received an advance from the publisher before her husband’s death.

7 Likes

I look forward to a future edition where the husband’s family adds commentary about her crime like the Goldman family did with OJ Simpson’s book.

3 Likes

If the case depends on cops’ intuition, I’ll hold off on assuming she murdered anyone. There’s been a spate of stories about cops getting “training” in body-language pseudoscience and then charging someone with murder because they were crying wrong when they called 911.

I don’t mind rushing to judgment about heavy-handed vanity ”childrens’” books though. That’s the real crime here.

(Also the murder, but only if it happened)

4 Likes

He found the draft of it, like Shelley Duvall in The Shining, only to turn around and she whacked him with the fenties.

3 Likes

“Murder, she wrote” wasn’t supposed to be an autobiography.

2 Likes

Yeah, every time people cite the stat that “most people are killed by a family member or someone they know” I always get a little voice that says “well, yeah, if you’re only counting the ones the cops actually solve.” Closure rates are…not great, so if you always go hard after the family, and have little ability or will to investigate beyond that, the stats are going to lean hard toward the ones murdered by family.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.