Guitar made from shotgun that still shoots

Yeah, Desperado was dreadful.

2 Likes

Great to see a local from my little hometown on here! They put on a great live show, though I’m guessing this guitar won’t be making any appearances on the road.

4 Likes

Oh god. I hope this doesn’t give Ted Nugent any ideas.

I hear they’ll appear in the sequel.

1 Like

World Crime League when? :watermelon:

1 Like

Never bring a knife-whistle to a guitar-gun fight.

6 Likes

Man, I do love “Copperhead Road,” but it’s kind of an unfortunate video. Not the narrative part, the performance part. 1988 was a woeful time for musicians to get dressed and style their hair. Steve Earle himself looks kinda like a late-period Vince Neil, but the rest of the band look like they’re on their lunchbreak from their usual gigs with REO Speedwagon and A Flock of Seagulls.

3 Likes

Excuse me?

Ha! I hadn’t seen the video in years, and going back to it I was completely distracted by the costumes! All I kept thinking was ‘these guys totally got in a band so they could dress like that,’ so much so I had to start the song over. I didn’t remember Earle ever being so young.

2 Likes

He was, like, 33. He looks like a balding Santy Claus in his Wikipedia mug shot, and it’s from 9 years ago, when he was only 52.

2 Likes

Well, that’s ten years younger than I am now so no wonder. He was an old fart to me when that came out and now that old fart looks like a kid.

2 Likes

Seeing Antonio Banderas in the flashback to El Mariachi’s climactic scene was the biggest cinematic letdown of my life until Phantom Menace. The whole point was that the Marichi was some shlub who was lucky to end up with Domino; not a chiseled Hollywood star.

And replacing the noir-plus-subtle-humor of El Mariachi with goofy shit like that rocket launcher was just wrong.

3 Likes

First thing that came to mind…

1 Like

Eeeeh. Gun Control Schmun Control. A Shotgun Guitar? Well:

4 Likes

He made the guitar Jimi Hendrix should have had for this:

1 Like

I bought this on 12". Man, I’ve not heard it in years.

2 Likes

Shit, I know someone who looks like '88 Stevde Earle now. Well, if steve Earle wore baggy orange rave pants and took a lot of ketamine.

1 Like

Ha. Take that, Ted Nugent.

1 Like

Yeah. Steve Earl’s never been one for orange pants

1 Like

I think you’re in the UK? My limited experience over there leads me to describe ya’lls sartorial choices as ‘random.’ :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like