Gun-toting mom shot in the back by her 4-year-old may go to jail for 180 days

Does anybody know if she will lose her right to own a firearm? Or will she be back to the same-old after 180 days?

8 Likes

I doubt that she’s learned /any/ sort of lesson from all of this. She’s a firearms owner who carries a gun in her purse and already taught her four-year old what the safety is. She’d be a Darwin Award nominee but she’s already passed on her genetic material.

19 Likes

[quote=“Elex_Dusk, post:22, topic:75521”] She’d be a Darwin Award nominee but she’s already passed on her genetic material.
[/quote]

She’s had one good go at getting both people carrying that genetic material removed at once. Don’t write her off yet.

7 Likes

Well her “marksmanship training” of the kid was clearly for shit. It’s two in the torso and one in the head.

9 Likes

…said the orphan accused of murdering her parents.

Perhaps OSHA could work the same way? Oh, they lost an employee. Surely that is punishment enough?

Granted, the women herself was injured, but that isn’t really the equivalent of “time served”. A loaded and cocked firearm needs to be secured. Neither floating around in a purse nor sliding on a vehicle’s floorboard counts as secured.

10 Likes

Anywhere between one and a half and four and you would be crazy to rule out malice for any action. A full four year old though… They can often act without malice. Can be quite pleasant to be around even.

4 Likes

Wasn’t getting shot enough of a punishment? Why does she have to be punished twice for the same mistake?

2 Likes

“I got your Brussels sprouts right here, Mommy!”

5 Likes

All that zombie talk is enough to give a kid nightmares.

2 Likes

It seems that Ms Gilt always used hollow point rounds in all her “personal defense” weapons. A hollow point that goes through the lower back as a bullet hole will come out the front the size of tangerine.

I wonder if they sell colostomy bag/holster combos.

3 Likes

Wait, no one has brought up Captain Gator yet!? Captain Gator, the hero Florida deserves.

2 Likes

It’s a second-degree misdemeanor, so she could probably still own a gun.

3 Likes

Oh, thank goodness. Because, you know, guns make her safer. I mean, without that gun, she might have been hurt…

I hope she appreciates how safe that gun made her. I wouldn’t want her to ever decide that maybe she’s more likely to accidentally shoot a family member, or get shot by one, than actually defend herself from criminals with her gun.

10 Likes

Because prison fixes stupid? Oh wait… I’m thinking of natural selection. Pardon my interruption!

5 Likes

USA. 'nuff said … :rolling_eyes:

3 Likes

Responsible gun owner!

1 Like

Her negligence put everyone around her, her child, and herself at risk. This is a slap on the wrist, for the most part, in my opinion. I do see your point, and yes, incarceration rates in the US are boggling and need to be addressed. As an aside, decriminalization of marijuana would be a good start.

7 Likes

Excellent police report. Only I would change “tragedies” in the last sentence to “natural consequences”. Because this was no tragedy, fortunately for the nice lady.

3 Likes

He should have called his friend Maria…

2 Likes

9 Likes